The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Right or Wrong? :: Is Gospel Magic a license to steal? Just asking... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
The Magic Ref
View Profile
Veteran user
Flint, Mi.
303 Posts

Profile of The Magic Ref
OK...jeez... I said it once, I'll say it again. I DON'T HAVE A SPECIFIC PERSON OR ITEM I AM REFERRING TO! I was just wondering if anyone else had noticed what I thought I had noticed. To clarify my question even further (I apologize for not being clear to begin with), I wasn't talking about someone buying a prop or routine and using it, or changing it and using it, in a show. That's why we all buy stuff, and that's our benefit for paying for it. It was talking about people who market items and sell them under the heading of "Gospel Magic". I go to a lot of shows, conventions, magic festivals, etc. I love buying items, and I have seen quite a few items over the years that were a direct take on another effect. Let's all assume they asked permission and move on. Ron Reid made the point, and I took it, that we have to assume they have permission. I need to give the benefit of the doubt, unless I ask and find out for sure. Has anyone ever posted a question they wish they didn't have? LOL...

Thank you all for your passionate comments...
Be Young...Have Fun!
Tony Webs
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of Tony Webs
Add to the art, don't just take. Why not do a few classics were the presentation has been edited or embellished, i.e. water to wine, fish and bread multiplication (use a box made by a good carpenter, preferably one who has been trained by a long line of artisans)? ...Oh, just a thought, I'm not sure who owns the rights to these, best to check first, so it does not look like your praying on another's market.
BlackShadow
View Profile
Special user
London UK
665 Posts

Profile of BlackShadow
Quote:
On 2007-04-07 13:05, The Conjuror wrote:

My Answer: I have no answer to this. There would be much research involved and, frankly, I don't care enough to do that research. But, for legal reasons, I sure hope they have permission!

-Ryan-

What's legality got to do with it? It's a question of magic ethics. Or, as Steve Brooks rightly terms it, "business ethics."
MagicMarker
View Profile
Elite user
498 Posts

Profile of MagicMarker
> It is strange that the "Gospel" version of 3 Card Monte is available!

Forgive me father, I have shilled.

-Rd
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3531 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2007-04-07 02:57, plasticdestiny wrote:
Gee, I'll hold off releasing 20th Century Hair Shirt if that's the attitude!

Destiny

Yeah... I guess "The GhostVision of St. John" would be not only a rip off but also in poor taste as well. Ah well!
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*