The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Ballooning 101 :: Bunch of bananas? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
nika
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of nika
I have a gig on Friday and need to learn how to make this, does anyone have an idea?

Many thanks in advance!
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
Welcome to the Café!

Try looking at balloonhq.com A lot of info there. Also use your imagination and play around with different balloons (360s 260s 160s beebody, heart....).

Question. Did you book this gig and sell them on the idea of bananas and then are trying to do it? If that is the case, this is a very poor way of doing things. If you are looking just as an added flavour while you are at the event, then still just days before the event trying to learn (and perfect) something is kind of odd (for me).

Also a quick little bit of advice. Being your first post, try to offer in discussions in the forums. This leads to your credibility and will make you look less like someone who is just looking for quick answers.
nika
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of nika
I had already looked at balloonhq but no luck. I do a very simple bunch already, I was rather hoping someone may have a better design.

I only took this booking on Monday, and I didn't sell anyone the idea nor did I pretend I could do it! I found out the job is in conjunction with promoting fairtrade bananas and thought it would be a nice addition. If I can learn it then great, if not then it's not a problem. Learn (and perfect) a bunch of bananas? Ten minutes tops Smile

I actually joined this forum because I'm fascinated by rope magic and would like to learn and share, I wasn't aware there was also a balloon section.

I didn't realize this would come up as my first post as I had posted previously when I introduced myself last week. Many thanks for your wise words though!

N.
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
Your welcome Nika. I glad you are searching for this just because of a percieved opportunity. Good for you. I'm sorry I couldn't help out more though. Good luck.
docbarnes
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of docbarnes
Don Caldwells' Mad Hats and wearable II has a palm tree and explains how to put in a bunch of bananas. Great DVD.

Their is also fruit in David Grist vol 3 video.

If not availabe practice blowing the balloon, tying the two ends, and make a figure 8. Bend the four balloons into a curved shape.

Hope this helps.
docbarnes
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of docbarnes
Don Caldwells' Mad Hats and wearable II has a palm tree and explains how to put in a bunch of bananas. Great DVD.

Their is also fruit in David Grist vol 3 video.

If not availabe practice blowing the balloon, tying the two ends, and make a figure 8. Bend the four balloons into a curved shape.

Hope this helps.
nika
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of nika
Thanks doc. That is how I do my bananas already Smile

Magic markers really help to make them more realistic.

I'll keep an eye open for that DVD, cheers!