The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: MAGIC - The Magazine For Magicians :: Is it in poor taste? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
To tell people I'm featured in Silly Billy's column in this months MAGIC?
(page 92 in case you can't find it)

Is it blatant self aggrandizement or simply a public service to draw your attention to this monumental event?
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3068 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
This is not at all boastful... at least to me. But some of the Café members bite and bite hard, and they may have something to say that you may not like. This has happened to me. I am happy for you! Which issue are you referring to? March or April? If April I look forward to seeing it, and if March then I have already seen it, forgotten about it, and will read it again.

Michael Kras
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
It's in April so a lot of people haven't seen it yet which is why I haven't been trashed by all the wannabe's yet.
bcookmagic
View Profile
Elite user
seattle wa
472 Posts

Profile of bcookmagic
Let them trash you...just means they don't get it...Rock on Payne. Brian
If your not having fun doing what your doing....dont do it!
WWW.BRIANCOOKMAGIC.COM
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Yeah the trashers sit at home in front of the TV telling the MLB, NFL, and NBA coaches how to run their teams. But notice who is in front of the TV and who is on the playing field making more for one game than the arm chair quarterback makes in a year. Congrats Payne, long overdue.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Marshall Thornside
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2016 Posts

Profile of Marshall Thornside
Press is press.
let people know, it doesn't hurt.
and it makes those who don't read
the magazine from front to back
got back and look.
you will remember my name

World's Youngest Illusionista
7th greatest pianist in the world
Go Red For Women and Stroke Ambassador
www.mai-ling.net
Agostini
View Profile
New user
Louisville, ky
7 Posts

Profile of Agostini
I don't think it was in poor taste I was in last Month's Turn it Around for my Rhyming patter. You should be proud of your achievement. congrats

Sincerely,
Jason
Magically,

Agostini (Close-up and Stage Magician)
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
How dare you draw such attention to yourself without telling me about it first!!!
Haha! Rock on Payne! You deserve to be featured in more than just this article. You are a one of a kind magician and a great human being. Congrats!
Brian
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2007-04-10 23:24, Brian Proctor wrote:
How dare you draw such attention to yourself without telling me about it first!!!
Haha! Rock on Payne! You deserve to be featured in more than just this article. You are a one of a kind magician and a great human being. Congrats!
Brian

Yeah, I'm shooting for a cover but I guess I'd have to open up a show in Branson before that'll happen. But I'm going tohave to sell a lot more lecture notes to finance that delusion.
Kipp Sherry
View Profile
Elite user
Boise, ID
477 Posts

Profile of Kipp Sherry
I say "tute your flute" Payne. Now get out there and sell more lecture notes (a good read by the way) so you can get a cover story. I'll see you at the Jamboree.

Until we appear again,
Kipp Sherry
What is Kings Fool?
The only business card you'll ever need!
http://www.kippsherrymagic.info
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2007-04-11 14:45, Kipp Sherry wrote:
I say "tute your flute" Payne. Now get out there and sell more lecture notes (a good read by the way) so you can get a cover story. I'll see you at the Jamboree.

Until we appear again,
Kipp Sherry

Curious choice of words there as the flute trick that is in my notes was the trick I had originally submitted to Silly Billy's column. However after perusing the set of lecture notes I sent him he decided that the What Be Next Trick fir better with the overall theme of the May Column. Maybe someday he'll run the flute trick.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Hey Payne,

You aint gonna sell more lecture notes if you don't add your url into your signature.

Always thinkin'
Jack Shalom
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
Payne, my wife looked at your Avatar and then your picture and could not believe the likeness of the two. However she wants to know if your real first name is Payne or is it a stage name. She thought it was great, and by the way the article was superb.

Rodney
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2007-04-16 00:37, landmark wrote:
Hey Payne,

You aint gonna sell more lecture notes if you don't add your url into your signature.

Always thinkin'
Jack Shalom

They can IM me here and I'll send them them the necessary info for ordering a set of these highly acclaimed lecture notes (read a review here http://oraclemagicmagazine.com/reviews/id26.html). Also my E-mail address of payne@aol.com has a nasty tendency to eat pertinent e-mails but you can try it if you like.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2007-04-16 00:37, landmark wrote:
Hey Payne,

Always thinkin'
Jack Shalom

Anyone interested in obtaining a copy of my highly acclaimed lecture notes (the stunning review here http://oraclemagicmagazine.com/reviews/id26.html) can IM me here at the Café and I'll send them the pertinent info required to order a set of my notes of their very own.
Besides my e-mail address of payne@aol.com has a nasty tendency to eat important e-mails even though it seems to work for Pay Pal when people order my notes via that service for $25.00 post paid.
Thetruthteller
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of Thetruthteller
Wow what a great review! And from a former editor of MUM as well. I'm going to be ordering a set of your notes ASAP.

Great routine in Magic as well BTW
scottasf
View Profile
Regular user
san leandro, ca
157 Posts

Profile of scottasf
Greetings,
I don't usually read the Silly Billy Column, But after reading your very modest post, I pulled the magazine off the shelf and read it.
Very nice article!
but the link to your notes does not work.....

Scott
2008/2009 President Oakland Magic Circle

"Life would be so wonderful if we only knew what to do with it." - Greta Garbo
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2007-04-26 00:36, scottasf wrote:
Greetings,
I don't usually read the Silly Billy Column, But after reading your very modest post, I pulled the magazine off the shelf and read it.
Very nice article!
but the link to your notes does not work.....

Scott

Got an extra Parentheses in there somehow try thi one

http://oraclemagicmagazine.com/reviews/id26.html