The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Nothing up my sleeve... :: Coins & Silks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
TStone
View Profile
V.I.P.
Stockholm, Sweden
781 Posts

Profile of TStone
Quote:
On 2007-03-30 11:39, doug brewer wrote:
Tom Stone came up with a nice variation that, I think, is brilliant. It's in his "Toast to Charon" routine on his latest DVD.

Thanks Smile

Until sunday, the original "A Toast for Charon"-manuscript is available again, at:
http://shop.tomstone.se
music
View Profile
Special user
631 Posts

Profile of music
Patrick Page video has some really good coin & silk effects on it, and I believe at least one is a Fred Kapps method. Chuck
Conus
View Profile
Special user
657 Posts

Profile of Conus
Abbott's book "Extra - Extra - Extra" by Robert Olson has a neat section on David Allin's use of jumbo coins and silks.

You will want to find Jeff McBride's most excellent material in his manipulation series.

Also check out works of Jim Cellini.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10967 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Cellini has a very nice coins and silk routine
I also have a coin thru silk based on Al Schinders effect. and my some where in time routine....i teach this if anyone is interezted, pm me with e mail address
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I believe I remember Cellini saying at his lecture that his routine came from watching Kaps do his routine.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Anders Moden
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of Anders Moden
Quote:
Tom Stone came up with a nice variation that, I think, is brilliant. It's in his "Toast to Charon" routine on his latest DVD.

You can see a clip from the DVD here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fIo32MRdag

Tom also had it for sale up until March 31 here:

http://www.shop.tomstone.se/

I know he has meant to take it down, but it seems it is still up...
aiturran
View Profile
Loyal user
Santiago, Chile
260 Posts

Profile of aiturran
I think I watched Kaps perform this on video.

I'll look it out, but I remember when I saw I was impressed as it was very magical how the coins fell to the bottom of the silk and the vanish of the coins.

Extremely visual and amazing. Yet again, Kaps does things which at the start really makes my jaw drop to the floor. It's nice when you see tricks from the eyes of an spectators and don't worry about the technique. That's the whole idea. Smile
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Quote:
My biggest problem with the routine is the false placement of the coins into the silk - it's takes a lot of heat and it's not that convincing. Tom Stone came up with a nice variation that, I think, is brilliant. It's in his "Toast to Charon" routine on his latest DVD.

I agree Doug. The beginning is difficult. I have been using a simple vanish until I came up with something better but this is very nice. I have the routine as well as some of his other offerings.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
DrVG
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of DrVG
Quote:
On Mar 31, 2007, music wrote:
Patrick Page video has some really good coin & silk effects on it, and I believe at least one is a Fred Kapps method. Chuck

could you kindly give the exact source pls ?
thanks
VG
DrVG
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of DrVG
Also is it in Page by Page ?
DrVG
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of DrVG
Is it in Dan Harlan s Tarbell or in a Penguin Live that there is a detailed handling of the Eddie Joseph s hank coin vanish , with the technique of using the tunnel to transfer the coin ?