The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Paper money madness! :: Misled replacement (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Pathian
View Profile
Regular user
Dayton, OH
175 Posts

Profile of Pathian
Hello all,
I'm just getting back into doing magic more seriously after a few years hiatus. I was digging through my old junk drawer and found my old Misled gimmick. It's pretty badly broken but I still have all of it. I remembered that there used to be a replacement policy of some sort since they are prone to breakage after a while. Does anyone know if there is still a replacement policy on these and what I would need to do to get a new one?

Thanks!
Justin
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
PDX, now San Diego...back to PDX
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
Get in contact with Timothy Wenk. He should know as it is his policy and effect. Oh and let us know what you find out.

C
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
I bought it recently. Inside there is a coupon -- if you return the damaged gimmick with the coupon and some postage, he sends you another one.
patrick66
View Profile
Veteran user
The Netherlands
384 Posts

Profile of patrick66
My problem is not with the gimmick, but with the pencil. Has anyone a website where I can buy that exact same pencil? Maybe by the sackful?
jamie9
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of jamie9
Quote:
On 2007-03-19 13:48, patrick66 wrote:
My problem is not with the gimmick, but with the pencil. Has anyone a website where I can buy that exact same pencil? Maybe by the sackful?

The pencil that came with mine is a Gold RoseArt pencil. I found a pack of 10 at Target. The color matches the gimmick pretty well.
Branden Darcel
View Profile
New user
Colorado Springs, CO
72 Posts

Profile of Branden Darcel
I used Ticonderoga pencils, which can be found at places like Walmart or Staples. They are the more yellow-ish type pencils with the green metal trimming at the top. They work perfectly with the gimmick, or at least the one I have (unsure if there are small color differences between the gimmicks). I always found that using a more yellow pencil looks more clean than the more orange ones.
Branden Darcel
Mental Illusionist
nathanallen
View Profile
Special user
Des Moines, Iowa, USA
522 Posts

Profile of nathanallen
I tried using the replacement-gimmick coupon. Never heard back from anybody. Has anybody had any luck with that?

BTW, the color doesn't have to match perfectly. Just visit any store, grab some yellow pencils. With the green bill between gimmick and pencil, and shadows, and movement, the difference will not be noticed.
Nathan Allen, The Maniac of Magic
www.maniacofmagic.com

To buy a prop is nothing.
To write a good routine is something.
To really entertain an audience is everything.
DP the Great
View Profile
Regular user
CC, Texas
198 Posts

Profile of DP the Great
Misled...wow, that was the first trick I bought back in 2004 when I started up again. That was sweet. I need to pull it out again. I have always kept it in those little braces wax case. I doubt I even have that coupon any more. -DP
D. P. the Great
www.dpandedmagic.com
passerby
View Profile
New user
The Midwest
5 Posts

Profile of passerby
Really? Timothy Wenk doesn't respond to Misled replacements? That's interesting. I've had mine forever but as far as I know, it's good as new. I only used it a few times. I suppose I ought to be careful and limit my performance with the item. The funny thing is that it's so simple, imagine how much money he makes from selling just one. What a great idea that was, he must be quite the inventor.
"My theory is that style is defined largely by what you can’t do" - Jerry Garcia
Joe S.
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles, CA
273 Posts

Profile of Joe S.
I do misled frequently and keep a few extras in my office in case one breaks. It's only happened once before... but you need to be prepared!

Misled is a FANTASTIC effect for TV and for stand-up situations!
Joe Skilton
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Hi Justin
I'm just getting back into magic myself. I want to thank you for getting me interested in misled again.I found my book and gimmick that's been in the attic for close to 15 years. There was a crisp 100 dollar bill in the misled book, that I use to practice with.
thanks again
Ralph
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3353 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Ralphs007 that $100 was a nice find! But--- its only worth about $60 today then 15 years ago.
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Hi Rizzo
Thanks for stealing my thunder,now I'm depressed. ;>)
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles