The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Making an appearing candle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
markis
View Profile
Veteran user
379 Posts

Profile of markis
Does anyone know how to make an appearing Fantasio type of candle? At the end of my candle routine, I would like to walk over to empty candelabra and have it instantly filled with candles. I don’t want to pay 35 bucks a pop for the candles. I don’t plan on lighting them, so that isn’t a concern.
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
PM to you.
k
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
zerostar
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of zerostar
I got the same problem. I hope kaytracy can help me.
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3434 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Quote:
On 2007-03-13 08:53, markis wrote:
...I don’t plan on lighting them, so that isn’t a concern.

But you have to have them appear lit!

JMHO

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The Candelabra is explained in the Fantasio Book by http://www.llpub.com ; not the making of the candles, but the candle holder.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Plan B: Black Art sleeves on the candles in the candelabra, which is against a Black Art background. The sleeves are made so they pull down to reveal the candles they cover. Bring the only one Fantasio candle that you need over to the candelabra and, with both hands, apparently put the candle in the candelabra, but actually hold the Fantasio candle with the right hand, while the left hand strokes down on the candle in the candelabra, sliding the sleeve down and off in the back while collapsing the Fantasio candle in the front. They don't see the candle collapse because the other candle appears in its place. Then, you have a collapsed appearing candle to make appear all over again.

It will take some practice, but it can be done. The most I used this move for was two candles in a two candle candelabra, but I assume you could produce a few more as long as you can continue to produce them in reasonably interesting and different ways.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Spellbinder,

Cool idea! I came up with a similar idea years ago to take my fingers off one by one.

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
To make all the candles appear at once (and appear lit, if you want) have the candelabra hanging from the flies on a rope or chain against a Black Art background. Have real wax candles covered by Black Art sleeves which are attached to black threads that can all be pulled up and into the flies, either at one time or one by one (alternating lengths of thread). If you wish the candles to appear lit, the threads extend down into the sleeves to the ends, and as soon as the sleeve clears the candle, the end of the thread trips a switch to light the candle electrically (refer to Self-Lighting Candles on my site in The Wizards' Journal #4).
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals