The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The clothes we wear :: Quick Change (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
enoch8776
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of enoch8776
Can anybody give me some quick change scenarios based on the book "Quick Change" by Sven Schoppenhauer?
Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
Today, I corrected grammar in
1378 Posts

Profile of Autumn Morning Star
I have the book and it is really good. What do you mean when you ask for 'scenarios'? Do you mean routines?

The book focuses more on the mechanics of quick-change. The book is worth the investment if you are truly going to use quick-change as a part of your act. You will spend far more time and money on your quick-change costume "trials and errors" than you will on the book.
Autumn
Wonder is very necessary in life. When we're little kids, we're filled with wonder for the world - it's fascinating and miraculous. A lot of people lose that. They become cynical and jaded, especially in modern day society. Magic renews that wonder.
Doug Henning
enoch8776
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of enoch8776
I do own the book, but I'm trying to think of scenario for using the costumes.

As an example, one person is sitting in a restaurant, waiting for the food. Suddenly that person changed into a cook and brings the food.

Something like this.
Thank you.
Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
1378 Posts

I am glad to see you have the book! The resturaunt scenario is a fine one. Just build on it and make it your own. Mix it with magic. Or take a scene from something that has more than one person involved: Café, bus station, airport, supermarket, all of these have potential.

This could work if you had the PERFECT song: Take a familiar (yet simple) song and illustrate the lyric-scenario with costume changes. The only problem is the song will telegraph what you are going to do. This could be problematic.

Anyone else have ideas??
Autumn
Wonder is very necessary in life. When we're little kids, we're filled with wonder for the world - it's fascinating and miraculous. A lot of people lose that. They become cynical and jaded, especially in modern day society. Magic renews that wonder.
Doug Henning
mattmccoy
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of mattmccoy
Very interesting idea. Conflict is always something to try to fit in to an act. It makes the audience think, emote, and have feelings towards what it is you are doing. Continuing with the resturant scene, what if you spill spahgetti sauce on a girl's dress while she is sitting at the table. That is the conlfict, now you, the magician, create the resolution, by restoring or giving her a completely new dress. I really like the idea. Tell me what else I can do to help.

-Matt
Magic Monkichi
View Profile
Elite user
Ontario, Canada
401 Posts

Profile of Magic Monkichi
Quote:
On 2007-03-09 03:42, Autumn Morning Star wrote:
I am glad to see you have the book! The resturaunt scenario is a fine one. Just build on it and make it your own. Mix it with magic. Or take a scene from something that has more than one person involved: Café, bus station, airport, supermarket, all of these have potential.

This could work if you had the PERFECT song: Take a familiar (yet simple) song and illustrate the lyric-scenario with costume changes. The only problem is the song will telegraph what you are going to do. This could be problematic.

Anyone else have ideas??
Autumn

Autumn,

I always enjoy reading your posts. There's always something to learn, and you always provide a gem. Thanks for sharing your advice.

Matt
Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
1378 Posts

Thank you for the kind words, Matt! I enjoy your posts, too.
Doug Henning
Fabio P
View Profile
Special user
Rome - ITALY
554 Posts

Profile of Fabio P
Very interesting thread!!
I don't have so far the book but I am looking for a vest change to add to my kid show.
I would like to start the show with my own vest and then during the show changing it ( behind an umbrella?) and putting on a vest right for kids ( clowns, ecc)

Any suggestion on source where to find it?

Thanks/Fabio
Dizzy
View Profile
Elite user
UK
437 Posts

Profile of Dizzy
You'll find it on there web-site,

quickchanged.de

Going to go and buy mine now,

Diane
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1715 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
Diane,

What is the full web address?

Thanks,
Dan.
Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
1378 Posts

The full web address is: http://www.quickchange.de/
Enjoy!
Autumn
Doug Henning
Dizzy
View Profile
Elite user
UK
437 Posts

Profile of Dizzy
Sorry Dan and thanks Autumn. There's some cool stuff on that site,

Diane
enoch8776
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of enoch8776
I liked tha Resturant Scenario a lot.
Thank Autumn and mattmccoy!
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1715 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
Thanks Autumn!

Dan.
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
Quote:
On 2007-03-11 07:34, fagani wrote:
Very interesting thread!!
I don't have so far the book but I am looking for a vest change to add to my kid show.
I would like to start the show with my own vest and then during the show changing it ( behind an umbrella?) and putting on a vest right for kids ( clowns, ecc)

Any suggestion on source where to find it?

Thanks/Fabio

Fabio,

Thank you for contacting me - I believe I can fix this for you! Keep smiling!!
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

https://www.devilshank.com/
Lex Schoppi
View Profile
New user
Germany
40 Posts

Profile of Lex Schoppi
Lee makes exclusives designs from his waistcoat. I saw one with spashes - it also works with spaghetti or other food. Be creative. Thank that the restaurant szenario will find anytime a magical user. The quick change secret can adapted to all arts of magic - illusions or mental. In the German Magazine "MAGIE" I wrote few articles about special costume designs - it starts with a mental trick based on a costume change. I think the art of quick change hides so many possibilities - and nobody knows that the quick change is the sectet of the illusion. Maybe a english magazine will translate my articles - the MAGIC has interests in 2005 but they never print it. In August I give with Lee Alex a book presentation in Vienna with our ideas - also the vest. It was the unique wish from the Austrian IBM president. Here is the convention link:
http://www.zauberkongress2007.at/Seminare.html

Best regards Lex Schoppi (S. Schoppenhauer)
(and excuse my bad english)
http://www.lexschoppimagic.com
LEX SCHOPPI: QUICK CHANGE - SHOWS - COSTUMES - LECTURES - BOOKS - PRODUCTS
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of wally
I am hoping to perform 10/15 minutes charlie chaplin comedy routine skits / magic, the walk around my backdrop for quick change, walk back out and carry on with magic show. any ideas please. thanks. magicwalsh@gmail.com
mattmccoy
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of mattmccoy
Wally,

First thing to do is get the quick change book for men. It is my new magic bible. I have read the book from cover to cover many times and have found no flaws. This is turn of the century information that you won't find anywhere else. I don't mean all the material is new, there is a lot of old mateial, I said turn of century because it has never been printed in just a book about quick changes.

A note to Lex: Thank you so much for this book. I am gald you decided not to make a dvd. I also love all the history behind everything. History really facinates me and most authors leave it out of books. You have created a master piece. Thank you.

My advise, GET THE BOOK!

-Matt McCoy