The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: 1337 by Sean Fields (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
I had the pleasure today of sitting down and finishing a rather amazing book written by Sean Fields. His latest book 1337 is the next worthy successor to Seans writing empire.

The book has 9 effects in it and I'm happy that at least half can be adapted to a mentalism format. While not exclusively a mentalist, my love of magic was peaked by 20 B-Low in which a SIGNED bill visibly melts through a glass table top! Its simple easy and just as devistating as the description!

Aquatic is a coin in bottle routine which has a few stages that will get your audiences jaws to drop. It uses a borrowed penny and borrowed water bottle! Amazing anytime magic great for impromptu party situations.

I don't want to give too much away, but I have to mention taste-icular which is one of the best thought of taste effects Ive ever read. This one is definitely going into my set! Sean has once again come up with a GREAT peek and a mental epic to go along with it. In the end, this is one of the best books Ive read this year!

check out his website for details http://www.seanfields.net
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
Thanks for sharing Scott!

Andrew Loh

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
http://pasteboards.blogspot.com/
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
Thank you for sharing......glad to hear this is out. Interesting to see if taste-icular compares with Taste Conditions by Morgan Strebler.
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
Ooops....just checked out the weblink and 1337 isn't there yet. Any idea when this will become available?
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
894 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
Hey all,

Scott, thank you for your kind words; I am really glad you enjoyed the material; I am crazy proud of it.

Tuff, 1337 is not currently for sale; I am giving them away to select people to get some feedback. Thus far, it has all been incredibly positive.

I am not sure if, how, or when 1337 will see the light of day. I am glad to see you guys are interested though.

As far as Taste-icular goes; I was DIRECTLY inspired by Morgan's effect. I heard about Taste Conditions, and the idea got my juices flowing. Morgan and I exchanged effects, and I was astounded by Taste Conditions (see my review). And while similar, the effects are actually quite different, both the effect and method. Morgan's effect has a distinctly 'mental' flair, while my routine is far more 'magic' in nature. In fact, the routines are so different, that Morgan agreed to write a foreword, should I ever decide to release it!

I actually think the two effects go well together. I know if I can't do one routine, I can always do the other! Having both routines at your disposal allows for a greater versatility. However, this is all moot, as Taste-icular is not for sale.

Sean