The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Once upon a time... :: Got a Disney Princesses deck? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Cinnamon
View Profile
Loyal user
Philippines
227 Posts

Profile of Cinnamon
Hey guys! Hmm.. I don't know what the deck is really called. But I'd describe it. It's pink, it features pocahontas, ariel, sleeping beauty, cinderella and snow white, then the jokers are the dragon from sleeping beauty, and ursula...

anyway, here's my question.. if you have one, have you ever tried making a story out of it?

The Boss (rannie, aka the manila enforcer) gave me a deck with such description, and I've made a 'story' with the characters. If you also have yours, let's share ideas!

Have a great day,
Cyssa
Cardinal Bunal
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of Cardinal Bunal
Hello Cyssa,

don't have one - but may I ask you can do "normal" or regular card sleights with it right?

:) Is it USPCC made? Smile
sibbie
View Profile
Special user
East Coast
525 Posts

Profile of sibbie
The ones my daughter has is USPCC.
Crispy
View Profile
Loyal user
Louisville, KY
207 Posts

Profile of Crispy
Aldo Colombini does an effect with two stack of card that are in the same order. They are each given to two different spectators to mix up. At the end of the effect they are back in the same order. It is a self working effect and for kids he uses a Harry Potter deck of cards. You could use a princess deck for the same effect.

There is also a very good "Cards Across" effect that you could do with a princess deck, although I don't know how well it would play with kids.

Give the deck to the volunteer and have them count out the top 12 cards and put them in an envelop and seal it.

Have a second spectator count out 12 cards from the deck. Have the spectator go into the audience and let three audience memebers select 3 cards and memorize them. Have the spectator put the 12 cards into an envelope and seal it.

The second spectator opend the envelop and count the cards. There are only 9. Ask the 3 spectators to look through the remaining 9 cards and find the cards they selected. They are gone

The other volunteer opens the envelope and counts the cards. There are 15. Have the 3 audience members name their cards. the three cards are found in the stack of 15.

I don't know what story you could create to revolve around a "flying princesses" effect, however. Something about the Princesses using magic to escape the clutches of evil? You could give the volunteers a marker to label the envelopes after they are sealed and have them label them Good and Evil or something similar to create a story

Private Message me if you need the workings of the effect described.