The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Ballooning 101 :: Triangle Base (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
magicmonty
View Profile
Regular user
Scotland
118 Posts

Profile of magicmonty
Hallo ,
Can anybody give me a link or show me how to do the "Triangle Base" , I am not a begginer and can do plenty of different balloons , but I can not work out the triangle base . I have all of Don Caldwells DVD'S and I would like to make his "Three eyed Drooling Mutant Hat" , but I just can't get the base right!!.It may be simple enough ...but I am stuck!!.
Thankyou in advance for any help
John.
phill
View Profile
Veteran user
Connecticut
365 Posts

Profile of phill
Here are two DVD's that cover the triangle base.

http://www.tmyers.com/dvd/chee.html

http://www.tmyers.com/dvd/mohr.html

peace,
phill
Scripture, Sculptures & Surprises!
magicmonty
View Profile
Regular user
Scotland
118 Posts

Profile of magicmonty
Phill,
Thanks for the links to the dvd's , I have looked at these already . I was just looking for a simple diagram or to have it explained to me . I may have to purchase one of these in the future , but at the moment I have more than enough balloon dvd's...( just struggling with the triangle base ).
Thankyou for your reply.
John.
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
When Ed Chee first mentioned his triangle base I believe he wrote a description on balloonhq, I've searched there but can't find it.

The thinking behind the triangle base was that unlike the usual 'loop around the head' hat a triangle will fit lots of different head sizes; the hat fixing to smaller heads on 3 points of contact and larger heads will stretch it into a circle. The advantage of this is if you're working a restaurant you can make a hat for someone on the far side of the table without leaning across the table to measure their head while similtaneously drooping your tie in someone's soup and nudging granddad's fork into his eye.

The base is simply an equilateral triangle.Twist a small bubble then three long bubbles (all the same size) then use the small bubble to connect these into a triangle.Experiment with the size of the long bubbles until your proficient at getting it roughly the right size for the head your accessorising. You end up with a triangle that fits most heads with the remainder of the balloon pointing upwards at the front. Other stuff can then be added to the hat using the remainder of the balloon or the other 2 corners.

George
magicmonty
View Profile
Regular user
Scotland
118 Posts

Profile of magicmonty
George ,
Thankyou so much , just what I was looking for . How did I not figure that out?. Now I can practise getting the three bubbles the correct size for the average head , but more importantly ... I can now make the "Three Eyed Drooling Mutant Hat" .
All Thanks To You!!.
John.