The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magicians of old :: Anyone remember or ever see this show? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
chrisgq
View Profile
New user
WV/Florida
58 Posts

Profile of chrisgq
It must have been around 1984 when I was in elementary school...we had some sort of assembly and this guy did his show. It was magic mixed in with social lessons or something of that nature. It was called Bob Gustafson's Fun Factory Show. I just found one of the tickets in my stuff from way back then and it revived the memory. Anyone ever hear of it?
JKing
View Profile
New user
Tampa, FL
53 Posts

Profile of JKing
Bob did (does) a hell of an act. Besides school shows, he had a full evening show as well. I may be wrong here, but I believe he had a show called magic by candlelight....
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7672 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
That is Richard Gustafson (Dick & Joanne), former SAM national president, dean of MAES, who doe the magic by candlelight act. I just saw it again last Labor day at MAES and good as ever.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Peter Cuddihy
View Profile
Veteran user
Peter S. Cuddihy
369 Posts

Profile of Peter Cuddihy
Good news. To celebrate the 30th anniversary of the creation of the Candlelight by Magic act, Dick and Joan Gustafson have graciously agreed to perform the act at the Society of American Magicians Assembly 4 Annual Banquet which will be held on the third Thursday of June 2007 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The act was featured on The Ed Sullivan Show as well as at The Magic Castle and has taken Dick and Joan around the world. If you would like to see this act live, you may contact me for ticket information.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27309 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
?? I saw them perform at a club in NYC in the summer of 76 or 77.. wow... I got to see it early on? Best wishes to the two of them. Does he still produce the cigarettes?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
There's is one of the classic, classy acts... worked with them a number of times and they always scored well.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com