The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Iced Over New Effect Released Soon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
I really hope this effect isn't the same one I've shared here at the Café, because I gave it away for free, Jaxon also has given very good ideas and plots to this type of effect also here at the Café.

The original version of this is available at The Learned Pig, the credited creator was a guy by the name of Long Tack Sam.

also the clean up is the same as I posted, just drop the fake ice into your soda cup and you're clean, all of this has been posted here at the Café, just search under ice tricks.

Like I said I hope this isn't the same method, for I use and have suggested 'Frozen Quartz' it is much cheaper than what a magician, any magcian would sell you.

chris robertson
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
zing82
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
218 Posts

Profile of zing82
Quote:
On 2007-02-21 08:24, Koolmagic114 wrote:
Hey hey Zing...........

With the ICED OVER Effect..you will never need refills. Once you get it you are set to go..on..and on..and on..and on.

I am in no way affiliated with the energizer bunny. If you hear a small thumping in your head while reading the last line..please take 2 aspirin..if thumping persist please contact your physician. Seeing pink bunnies banging on small drum. please contact psychologist.

Haha..you are a funny guy. Thank you
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice.
Koolmagic114
View Profile
Veteran user
313 Posts

Profile of Koolmagic114
Some one had mentioned the Long Tack Sam person to me. And that he had a similar idea. Russ and I have been doing this for years. And I can honestly say that I am not familiar with Long Tack Sam, his effect, or method.

"Iced Over" was a idea that Russ came up with himself way back. It was through collaboration with me that we refined the handling and method. Russ is filled with ideas. (look for more items from us in the future) I am his go to guy on handlings and methods.

Also when I sent Murphy's Magic a prototype and demo. They had also not seen or have heard of a method like ours.

So I can honestly say that I am not sure how close or even if it is close the the Long Tack Sam method.
Eddy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Co-Creator of "TAGZ" / "Iced Over" / " TelePad" / "Penigma"
www.magicianslair.com
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
Why not pm me?

And it was I who had mentioned this Long Tack Sam in a reply to a bulletin you sent out on myspace.

johnny
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
Bosco J.
View Profile
Elite user
New York
462 Posts

Profile of Bosco J.
Any reviews yet? Love to hear from someone that's tried out the effect.

Bosco
Amade3us
View Profile
Regular user
Houston
139 Posts

Profile of Amade3us
Alrighty, I've been a long time lurker, happily reading reviews to help me make good purchases, and as I received this yesterday I figured now is as good a time as any to make my first post. So here is my first review, so be gentle. ;-)

When I ordered this product I had a pretty good idea of about what I would receive. It was just as expected, and I am perfectly fine with that. Enclosed is the gimmick necessary and instructions. The quality of the gimmick is wonderful. When you open your hand to reveal the ice, you will often fool your own eyes. The trick plays out exactly as it reads. It takes about 2 seconds to set it up for use and you're ready to go. It is a perfect trick for table hopping, and I will be using it at a gig this weekend and let y'all know how it plays out. This product is not going to be the end of searching for the best method to serve this plot, however, I will say I am quite happy with it in the mean time.

I'll try to answer any questions the best I can.

-dustin
Amade3us
View Profile
Regular user
Houston
139 Posts

Profile of Amade3us
Oh sorry, in addition:

The instructions are quite clear and you will be performing this trick literally minutes after you receive it. The instructions have 6 different routines, all of which are very good depending on your situation.

-dustin
Koolmagic114
View Profile
Veteran user
313 Posts

Profile of Koolmagic114
For those of you interested... There is now a review posted in the:

"The Good, The Bad, and the Garbage" section of the Café'.

Thanks
Eddy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Co-Creator of "TAGZ" / "Iced Over" / " TelePad" / "Penigma"
www.magicianslair.com