The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Source for telescoping aluminum poles (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
I want to build portable cabinet-like structure (3 sided.) It seems that a frame made from collapsible poles might work best for this. When I do a 'net search I get a lot of telescoping tree cutting handleI don't want the legs,just the posts. Any suggestions?
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Try a search for military surplus tents...

-Bryan
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
Try a paint supply store. Most of them carry those telescoping poles for the purpose of attaching a roller to the end of.
Last time I was in a large paint store, they had them all the way from 3' up to 12', all of them telescoping.

The paint poles are between 15 and 60 dollars each depending on length.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7674 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Also there are golf ball retreivers in Wallmart. Do not know how heavy you need these. Also look at photographic light stand, tripods, etc.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Heavy enough to support a canvas/vinyl/cloth cover wrap. Kind of like a tent, but no front or top.

Somehow, the middle portion of my original post got cut off. I had said that I don't want to use photo stands as I don't need the base, just the telescoping post. I would assume that the base adds most of the cost.