The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Once upon a time... :: New web site to check out (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
mark townsend
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of mark townsend
Hi Magic Café Friends,
As a storyteller / magician I'm interested to hear your commnets about my new web site http://www.magicofsoul.com
Bright Blessings to you all.
Mark T
BCaldwell
View Profile
Special user
is really regretting his
524 Posts

Profile of BCaldwell
Excellent website. At first I thought it was a little to monochromatic but as I clicked along and I got the parts with color I realized the monochromatic parts were perfect! Keep up the good work!
"...that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller Smile

~Bob~
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2291 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Wonderful, and truly magical. Your work is an inspiration!

KOTAH
mark townsend
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of mark townsend
Wow, thank you both for such positive and generous comments.
Means a lot.
Mark
Vick
View Profile
Inner circle
It's taken me 10+ years to make
1120 Posts

Profile of Vick
The only thing I see is one page that doesn't have any links to anything else, I'm using Mozilla Firefox
Unique, Thought Provoking & Amazing Magical Entertainment Experiences
Illusions By Vick
Blog of a real world working magician
Magic would be great, if not for magicians
rbennett
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of rbennett
I also only saw the one page with no links. I would like to see the rest of your page. Please tell me what I did wrong to only get the first page only.

What I saw was a great beginning.
durian-red
View Profile
Regular user
165 Posts

Profile of durian-red
Unusual & compelling.
A truly wonderfilled website.
And the wizard within appears to be spiritually in touch with heaven but with both feet planted firmly on the ground.
All the best to you !
mark townsend
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of mark townsend
WOW, only just seen your very kind posts (the last three).
Thank you for such kind and encouraging words.
My site's changed a little since the middle of last year (and I have had a new book published for the 'real' world / with a foreword by K. Knepper) so please do check it out again.
Mark
Bradley Roberts
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas
413 Posts

Profile of Bradley Roberts
Site looks good. One of the things that I would do is resize the images on the site. Some of the pages ran a little slow at loading and I am on a T1 connection here. Looks like you used the orignal size then resized it in the editor. Some of your images are 700K+. This is not good for someone that is on Dial-Up. Yes there are still some of those people Smile The best is to resize them to about 400x400 pixels and that would get them under 100k bits for the size and still look good on the site.

Wow... was still looking though your site. I read your book The Gospel of Falling Down. I enjoyed it.

Cheers,
B-Rad
B-Rad "The Kids Magician"
Brad Kids Magic Website
"A child's smile is one of life's greatest blessings."
LVMagicAL
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of LVMagicAL
My initial reaction was "Why does this site begin with a page of testimonial comments"? They are good comments for sure, but to lead with that on the opening page just doesn't make sense to me. I guess I expected to see a page which welcomed me to the site, explaining what kind of magic and performances you might specialize in as well as some comments or instructions as to what I might find while browsing your site.

I also thought the font size was a little bit small, although relatively easy to read with the white on black contrast. Perhaps a little increase in font size might make it a bit easier to read.

Please understand these are just one persons impressions and not criticism. Please accept my comments in the vein in which they were intened; an honest, initial impression.
mark townsend
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of mark townsend
Thanks so much guys, Very sensible points - noted and (as soon as I can) I will adjust accordingly.
Mark