The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Unexpected (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3786 Posts

Profile of takeachance
These just scream "Entertainment". IMHO. I've seen so much boring mentalism lately that it was soooo refreshing to have both "Unexpected" and "Educating Archer" released. Both showed that mentalism can have personality and fun invested in it. To the lay audience, that's entertainment.
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
I also enjoyed this DVD.

Messrs Nardi and Spelmann have a great rapport.

If they were to do a two man mentalism act I think it would go over big. I'd pay to see it, anyway!
MikeMgc
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of MikeMgc
Very Enjoyable DVDs.

Perfect ESP and the Busch Brain Buster are worth the price of Admission alone.

The Busch Brain Buster is one of the best Impromptu Book/Newspaper/Magazine Tests I have seen - With the possible exception of Doc Hilfords Nostrum Book Test. Though the Busch Brain Buster is less complex to Perform.
alexoid
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of alexoid
Resurrecting thread!

I've just got the Unexpected DVD (late to the party!)- Although many of the techniques are fairly well known, there are subtleties and performe idea that make them both deceptive to lay people and entertaining- great for improvised performance (assuming you carry a pen and have access to business cards)- Perfect ESP stands out as an absolute killer effect- good enough for a pro performer, I also think that Busch brain buster has a fabulously deceptive methodology. Feel is nicely thought out- with lots of potential to really act out that you're using body langauge, drinks on the pateo is entertaining and highly adaptable- with a great subtlety, many of the folded or crumpled money effects would need reworking in the UK now as we have plastic notes. But, although not as impressive as a serial number, the date on a coin could be predicted and with a fistfull of dollars would be easier to perform without a jacket- and could be nicely combined with Marc Paul's which hand coin effect. Underhand thoughts is very clever, but, as I often carry a p--k wallet, may not be something I'd do, though would make a great alternative drawing dupe. I didn't feel a Tribute to Mr Kane was very deceptive, though I'd need to perform it to see if other people work out that there are only 2 options in real time, as I did, I like the simplicity of it, though.

In all, a great DVD of easy to do, on the fly material presented by working pros with humour and I think highly usable material for improv performance.