The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Where to put it all... :: Friendly warning :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Great Scot
View Profile
New user
Bellows Falls, VT USA
58 Posts

Profile of Great Scot
Quote:
On 2001-09-27 06:36, Clay wrote:
To all my magical peers I offer this friendly advice regarding pocket management: Don’t put gimmicked coins in same pocket where you normally carry change! My folding qaurter is missing and I suspect I spent it! Woe is me ...

Smile

Some things never change. In 1584, Scot, the author of "The Discoverie of Witchcraft," admonished his readers to be careful and not spend their gimmicked coins.
:Discoverie" is the first book published in English explaining magic tricks.
The Great Scot, Bardic Magician
Bringing Magic To People's Lives
http://www.greatscotmagic.com.
Stuart Joseph, 802-463-1954
Bellows Falls VT
Saydean
View Profile
Loyal user
Omaha,Nebraska
206 Posts

Profile of Saydean
I ordered this great cigarette thru a quarter. Paid lots of dough for it and finally got it. I went to the bar to perform it. I needed cigarettes to do the trick. I went to the cigarette machine and placed the change from my pocket into the machine, made my selection and pulled the handle. The pack dropped out and I realized I had just used my gimmicked quarter to buy the cigarettes.
NickW
View Profile
New user
Derby, UK
66 Posts

Profile of NickW
The other side of the 'wife/girlfriend spent my Coin Unique' story is that my wife knows that there are some coins around the house that can't be spent, so change left around my study (never including gimmicks, but I keep that quiet!) is safe from being pocketed... until she forgets...