The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Help Wanted -Finisher/Spray Painting (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2209 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Looking to farm out some work and need a professional finisher/painter. I will not even pretend that I fair well with paint gun in my hand, a loaded 45 would probally yield better results for me Smile

Anyhow looking for someone to do some spray work, simple one color items.

Please PM if interested.

Thanks
Jake
Licensed Steve Dusheck Manufacturer and distributor visit www.airshipmagic.com
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1411 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
If your piece is sanded, primed and ready to go, any autobody shop will do it for an hourly rate, plus paint. Auto paint these days is a 2 part mixture.. practially bomb proof. It's not normal for them to paint something not a car.. but smaller ones will do it.. you local earl sheib may not. Just make sure it's pre-finished..if they have to do any sanding or priming at all.. they probably can't do it. they don't' normally work with wood.

Most cabinet shops these days work with pre-finished MDF or veneers... and may no longer be able to help you.
RWhit
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of RWhit
Bottles?
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Hey there Jake,

I live 2700 miles away from you so this advice may be of limited use. Go look up furniture stores in your town. We have one here that you bring him a picture from a magazine of what you like, and he builds a knock off. His finishing job is minimalistic, but very good. He event adds a bottle of extra touch up paint in the color of your choosing. You might find such a place in and big city.

Good luck
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Tom Bartlett
View Profile
Special user
Our southern border could use
763 Posts

Profile of Tom Bartlett
Jake, have you considered powder coating? It works on just about anything from shock absorbers to peddle cars. The variety fo colors are almost endless.
Our friends don't have to agree with me about everything and some that I hold very dear don't have to agree about anything, except where we are going to meet them for dinner.
raywitko
View Profile
Special user
western Pa
527 Posts

Profile of raywitko
! was always under the impression that powder coating is only for metal items as you have to put the item in an oven. Am I wrong?
Ray
Sometimes it seems there are more than one of me.

Tabman USA
magicdmv
email me at [email]fursclass@magicdmv.com[/email]
BSutter
View Profile
Special user
Sitting on a pile of
582 Posts

Profile of BSutter
Ray,

You are not wrong, powder coating is usually an epoxy based material that is electrostatically deposited and baked in place at about 350°F.

Regards,
Bill Sutter
Tom Bartlett
View Profile
Special user
Our southern border could use
763 Posts

Profile of Tom Bartlett
I thought the items to be painted, are metal. Did I misunderstand?
Our friends don't have to agree with me about everything and some that I hold very dear don't have to agree about anything, except where we are going to meet them for dinner.