The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Lights...camera...action! :: TV Appearance - Advice (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
michaelrice
View Profile
Loyal user
Ireland
257 Posts

Profile of michaelrice
My aim is to get onto one of my local TV stations. Basically, I want to get a slot on their breakfast show, or something similar.

I am going to make a demo video of me performing for a few people around town and send this into them.

Can you give me any other advice?

Thanks,
Mike
MattWayne
View Profile
Special user
Manhattan, NY | Studio City, CA
624 Posts

Profile of MattWayne
If you want on the television show- visit them directly; set up an interview/meeting. Worked for me; the direct approach is always good. Find out who the producer is of the show and give him/her a call.

best regards,
Tomasko
Matt Wayne
The Celebrity Magicianâ„¢
www.CelebrityMagician.com / youtube.com/celebritymagician / twitter.com/RealMattWayne /
Facebook.com/CelebrityMagician

Creator of, 'Got a Light?' and others.
Spokesperson behind, TouchTricks
muzicman
View Profile
Special user
LaCenter, Wa
989 Posts

Profile of muzicman
Definitely do close up magic for the hosts. They love that! It also helps to get on if you are promoting an event, if you have a website (for more info), and if you do a memorable illusion with comedy. Don't be too serious for those morning shows. They want lively guests that reflect positively on their viewers and sponsers.

Use the morning shows to promote fundraisers, charity events, or for your hired gigs.

"You can see more of Michael Rice at the Broadway Theater this Thursday and Friday night at 7pm. Show up early because after watching Michael perform for me here live this morning, I know this is going to be sold out. That was just amazing! Good luck to you Michael and thanks for coming"

Website flashes on the screen as they complete your segment and count down to transition.

"You can also contact Michael via his website at Michaelrice.com. You should check it out as it has a calender of all his upcoming shows. Next up we visit a lady who lost 245lbs in 3 months by divorcing her husband. We'll be back to show you how she did it"

Camera pulls back and fades to commercial