The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: The Floating Bookshelf (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Here's a great little instructional web page with a great idea for your magic den or living room. You're a magician right? Why not make your magic books float?

http://www.instructables.com/id/EOFOYM0RBUEXCFH30A?ALLSTEPS

Lyndel
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
That is really neat...And incredibly simple.
I love it.
Gwyd
gman
View Profile
Special user
Lancaster, pa
751 Posts

Profile of gman
Now that is neat.
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
A convincer...Just a small step further...
In the other post on this topic it was mentioned that to convince someone that the books are not stuck to the wall, take one off the top and put it back.
I thought of this...

Put some of those insanely powerful magnets in the bottom of the "Shelf" book. Take a second book, and attach similar magnets into the back cover. That way you have a book that can be opened, flipped through, and then placed on the bottom of the stack and have it hang underneath.
Just a thought...
Gwyd
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Quote:
On 2007-01-30 16:59, gsidhe wrote:
A convincer...Just a small step further...
In the other post on this topic it was mentioned that to convince someone that the books are not stuck to the wall, take one off the top and put it back.
I thought of this...

Put some of those insanely powerful magnets in the bottom of the "Shelf" book. Take a second book, and attach similar magnets into the back cover. That way you have a book that can be opened, flipped through, and then placed on the bottom of the stack and have it hang underneath.
Just a thought...
Gwyd

I like where you're going with this...

One step even further - If one is handy at drywall work, one could mount the insanely strong magnets to the interior of the wall (on top of a cross two by four) and then you could pick up the corresponding magnets with the book, slide it up the wall as far as you want and just let go.

Lot's of possibilities here!

Lyndel