The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Step right up! :: Jam Auction DVD? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
twycislak
View Profile
New user
Montgomery, IL
17 Posts

Profile of twycislak
Just following up on the status of the 2 DVD set...
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I know Don is moving to another state, may be cause for the delay. This is going to be a facinating DVD to watch. Don is doing a service by recording, for history sake, the pitches and jam auction.
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Hi Guys,

Steve( Magic Pitch .com) and I ran into a few set backs but its on track now.As a matter of fact the DVDs are burned and all we are waiting for are double DVD cases.Single cases were in the box marked double (this is going to be a two DVD set)and had to sent back.Once the double cases show up,in a few days,we will be ready for shipping.

Just keep checking here or go to either http://www.magicpitch.com or wwww.dondriver.com

Thanks for all the interest and I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!

Don
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
In your opinion Don, is what you taped compareable to the Jams of the 50's?
Is this representative of the breed or is this Jack's 'take' on the Jam Auctions of old?

Whatever is fine with me and is a valuable DVD no matter...just wondering your opinion.

Thanks Vandy...excellent review.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Doug,

50's Jam...WOW Doug,you are old aren't you.

Jack has changed it some.But its so close,if you didn't know what the old Jam was you couldn't tell the difference.

Don
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Yeah....They are ready for shipping NOW ! Steve and I will have it on our sites in a few days.If you want it shipped now, pay pal to

steveshep@aol.com

$49.95 plus $6.75 shipping and handling USA
$49.95 plus $13.75 shipping and handling overseas

Merry Christmas everybody...

Don
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Fantastic! Thanks Don.

Mark. Smile
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Its on my site now..

Don
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Finally!! Woo-Hoo!!
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
gmonty3
View Profile
New user
Virginia
9 Posts

Profile of gmonty3
This is great. I actually recorded some audio of Jack at the Salem Fair in 2005. Some woman in Michigan put out a VHS on Jack a few years ago, but I don't know if they are still available. Hey Don, I know I ordered one of your pitches before. So expect an order from me todat.
gmonty3
View Profile
New user
Virginia
9 Posts

Profile of gmonty3
Just to let you guys know, I received my 2-DVD set from Don. It really is great to see the entire pitch of possibly the greatest pitchman alive today. I have observed Jack Nyberg in action at the Salem, VA fair for several years and I have a VHS tape that was put out a few years ago titled “The Gee Whiz Kid”.

This is Jack’s entire 2-hour pitch from start to finish. Jack builds his tip from nothing and by the end he has 10 of 12 marks passing up $50. bills and then as many as 3 send up between $200. and $350. either in cash or by credit card.

The psychology used is unbelievable. Nyberg has the unique ability to be able to tell jokes, flatter women and children, insult people in a joking manner, keep the tip happy and at the same time extract hundreds of dollars from them. He begins with 26-persons passing up $5.00 for a Ginzu knife. These knives diffidently cost Jack less than a dollar each.

I won’t tell you anymore and spoil the surprises. By the way, I’m friends with another Jam Joint worker from Richmond, John Bradshaw. John works pitches similar to Jack’s but John’s pitch is known as a “Mini Jam”.

As a kid I remember 2-Jam workers who always had the same location in Raleigh at the state fair. I can distinctly remember how one of the guys would always build up the tip by saying, “I’m about to have my assistant bring out the Browning Shot Guns.

Anyway, get Don’s 2-DVD set. You will like it. Like Don says, one needs to watch it several times to let all the finer points of the pitch sink in.
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Hey gmonty3,

John Bradshaw and I go way back.I worked for him when he owned a side show back in the 70s.We still keep in touch and as a matter of fact I just got off the phone with him.

John does a Baby or Mini Jam where Jack does the full Jam.The difference being John only goes for a $20.00 touch.

Thanks for the post and have a GREAT New Year...
Don
gmonty3
View Profile
New user
Virginia
9 Posts

Profile of gmonty3
Hey Don:
I sent John an email this morning telling him about your DVD. I'm sure you must have told him when you talked this morning. It may be a few days before he reads my email since he told me he does not get on line very much. I saw John this summer in Waynesboro, VA. He had his Jam Joint and I was working my scale joint.
jeremysweiss
View Profile
Special user
742 Posts

Profile of jeremysweiss
Like many others, I had only heard of the Jam Auction. I had a script for one, in my collection. Out of passing interest, I purchased this DVD. It was nothing short of unbelievable! I was laughing out loud. Jack Nyberg could sell saltwater to you even if you were stranded on a raft in the middle of the ocean. What I was was a total work of art. I have never seen anything like it. My wife, who hates all my magic-related crap, started to watching with me.

Her: "What are you watching?"

Me: "Nothing you'd be interested in. Magic-related crap. It is just this guy selling stuff".

Her:"Why are you watching a guy selling stuff--what is so fascinating about that."

Me: "Well, it is an unbelieveable work of art. This guy is selling nothing for $10 and people are buying it. Then he is charging them money for a box that the have no idea what is inside. This guy is selling crap and he is getting people to hand over money hand over fist. It is unbelieveable. it is unlike anything I have ever seen."

Her: "Well, I am going to bed."

Me: "Sweet dreams, Honey".

Meanwhile. she can't take her eyes off of the screen. 5 minutes goes by. 10 minutes goes by. She is yawning and tired, but she gets hypnotized by the pitch. She gets totally sucked in. It was unbelievable. 15 minutes...and on and on. I finally had to be the one to turn it off.

This was totally crazy. It really was watching a work of art. It was better than almost any show I have ever seen. Watching this guy transition from his opening to getting the tip to start handing over cash!?!?!?--It was better than any magic trick on the planet.

I LOVED IT.
The Shock Doc
<BR>www.TheShockDocShow.com
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>http://ballycast.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/ballycast-024-2009-03-21.mp3
<BR>
<BR>"....Jeremy Weiss has the greatest card trick of ALL TIME!"--Jamie D. Grant.
<BR>Start listening to iTricks 11/12/09
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Thanks jeremy ..that was GREAT !

Don
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
If anyone reading in this forum has not yet bought this Jam Auction DVD set, shame on you. It is so great on so many different levels. I have been posting raves about this thing on every forum here that I can. BUY THIS DVD SET NOW. You will be thankful that you did. It is a thing of beauty. Thank you Don.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
I was yelling at the screen...hey...what about me! I want those knives!!! Watched it twice already...so much to learn, so much to enjoy.

Most impressed with his pin point targeting of specific members of the herd for dissection and later how he decisively CUTS the meat from the 'taters and sends the non buyers off to eat grass.

I still want those knives.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
Quote:
On 2008-02-13 00:21, Todd Robbins wrote:
If anyone reading in this forum has not yet bought this Jam Auction DVD set, shame on you. It is so great on so many different levels. I have been posting raves about this thing on every forum here that I can. BUY THIS DVD SET NOW. You will be thankful that you did. It is a thing of beauty. Thank you Don.

I could not have said it better, Todd!

Jack is currently at the flea market in Sevierville, TN. He will be here all summer. It is great to be able to watch him work live, and talk to him between pitches.
Magic is an art. I am merely a tour guide.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Compton-Magician/160270640674735

"You are the magic" Jay Ose to Albert Goshman