The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The little darlings :: Help with title (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
Hi,
I am updating my website over the next few months and I plan to have several sites one for each market rather than one site fits all.
I am going to have a page that links to each site and I have to link to my adult magic site. I am trying to think of alternative phrasing from "adult magic" maybe "Magic for adults" or "magic for grown up's" what do you think and any suggestions would be helpful I do not want to give the impression that the show is in any way blue or off colour. which is why I do not want to put Adult magic, recently the word adult seems to interpret blue to lot's of people.
Phillip
Zorak
View Profile
Regular user
Maryland, USA
114 Posts

Profile of Zorak
Sophisticated Magic
Magic For WonderWorkers
Mature (Wholesome) Magic
Trix for Mature Workers
Groan Up Magic Stuff (Grown-ups)

The reason we are called grown ups is we are always groaning about something!

Wish I could be more help, PB

Good Luck! Smile
Magic is in the hearts of children from 1 to 101
Please check out my Website: kiddiekazam.com
FREE ORIGINAL CLIPART FOR MAGICIANS & CLOWNS
PROP DESIGNS
MAGIC CARTOONS all drawn by Zorak
Vilago
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of Vilago
Quote:
On 2003-01-07 12:23, Zorak wrote:
Groan Up Magic Stuff (Grown-ups)

The reason we are called grown ups is we are always groaning about something!

Hah! I love that... Smile Smile Smile
Andy Wonder
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
747 Posts

Profile of Andy Wonder
Phillip
I am doing the same thing by splitting up my web site into different mini sites. It is what I have been working on over this quite period after Christmas.
When I am done I will have 5 different sites all targeted at different areas. I have one almost finished: http://www.MagicParty.co.nz

'Illusions' & 'Mystery' are words that I feel appeal more to adults and have a meaning quite distant from the normal kiddie clown run rabbit run style of performing.
(I know run rabbit run is not your style)

I don't exclusively perform for adults but I see my self as a family entertainer and offer a family fun magic show. In my info flyer I say it is suitable for the whole family with no offensive humour. Also I think the word family helps convey for me that this is a show to entertain parents as well.

I guess for your adult content site (I mean your grown up's content page), it goes without saying that you want to keep the visual style quite formal. I think photos will really help get your message across. Try to get images of men in business suits watching your show or what would be really useful is a photo of your performing for someone famous or well known. One of the magicians here in Auckland has done that & has a photo of him performing for an ex-prime minister of New Zealand on his web page. Election time is a good opportunity to get your photo taken with people like that.
It is difficult because when you become known as a children’s entertainer it is a bit difficult to break that perception.
Andy Wonder, Auckland, New Zealand
JSMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Boston
202 Posts

Profile of JSMagic
Past your prime magic? lol

I may be the only one who thinks that's funny (I bet I will be the only one)-And I'm not sure why!
If a magician is not intending to "trick" a spectator, why is every "trick" called a magic "trick"?
victorkent
View Profile
New user
Narnia
76 Posts

Profile of victorkent
JS, No, I think it's funny! Really! I'm not kidding. I really do.

Phillip-
If you are linking all the sites together anyways why have separate sites just have separate pages. Same difference...cheaper.
If you want to break up markets then having separate sites are good but don't link them...so that CEO doesn't end up on your birthday party page and get turned off. So in the advertising you have have a separte card, flyer, etc with just the site that is relevant listed so that CEO deosn't think you are just a kids magician and that school won't think you are a corporate magician.
AS for your adult page link.
If you aren't limited to one word say:
"CLEAN ADULT MAGIC"
"CORPORATE MAGIC"
"MAGIC FOR OLD FARTS"
"THE OVER 20 CLUB"
"THE GREY PANTERS"
"MAGIC THAT BORES CHILDREN"
"CLOTHED SEXY MAGIC"
"THE NO MONTY MAGIC"
ALRIGHT NO MORE COFFEE THIS LATE AT NIGHT!
GOOD LUCK. Smile
John 3:16
http://www.victorkent.com
http://www.kentfamilyillusionshow.com
[email]victor@victorkent.com[/email]
Adam V
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of Adam V
Magic That Bores Children could actually work Smile
Adam V - 9 out of 10 dentists recommend him.
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
Hi Victor,
I have dicussed this with some others such as Jason Juliano, Steve Pellegro and others and they seem to think have a main page but no return links on the sites to your other sites.
Phillip
Cheshire Cat
View Profile
Special user
Wilmslow, UK
941 Posts

Profile of Cheshire Cat
Just one word of caution if you rely upon search engines (Google are great for us). I would be careful to not be misinterpreted as 'spamming'. If say you initially feed a new site say through JIMTOOLS or something like that for them to present to search engines, there is this danger. Links are fine, but submitting lots of UNLINKED different sites, under the same domain name, all entertainment related could be misinterpreted. I use my domain name and available space for other sites - but these are on totally different subjects. Smile
victorkent
View Profile
New user
Narnia
76 Posts

Profile of victorkent
Phillip-
You can still do that without the expense of buying several Domian names. IE>
bobsmagic.com/adult
bobsmagic.com/corporate
bobsmagic.com/firewalking, etc
Instead of Bobsadultmagic.com, bobscorporatemagic.com, bobsfirewalking.com.
you can still have a main page and not link back to it or to the other pages within that domain. You can also give your potential customer the url that directly takes them to the pages that you want them to see only...ie>Bobsmagic.com/adult. Bobsmagic.com has the index page with the links to all the other pages. (that's the main page you come onto when you visit a site and the "/adult" etc. has only the info you want that customer for that market to see and now link to the index page or othe-market target pages. With no links to the main page they won't go to your kids page or your firewalking page.
My main point was you could accomplish the same thing with multiple domains (sites) linked via an index page as you can multiple pages linked via an index page. The only real dif is you paid and are paying for the registration of the URL of each domain and you are paying for each url to be hosted by someone.
I build sites for fun (Magic was a hobby and became my job and I needed a hobby so I do websites.) I have designed sites for several performers including my two sites www.victorkent.comand magicgames.virtualave.net. The second one is a site I made for magic-relatd games adn such but have borrowed it to beta test my website for my show I do with my kids.
Hope this was helpful.
-vk
John 3:16
http://www.victorkent.com
http://www.kentfamilyillusionshow.com
[email]victor@victorkent.com[/email]