The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The clothes we wear :: Costume Change Items (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
tropicalpenguin
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of tropicalpenguin
I was watching FOX the other day (no, not the usual magic revealing show) and I saw 30 Seconds to Fame. There was an Austrian couple doing a routine where they did a few things like throw gold colored foil everywhere, and immediately, one would have a completely different outfit. Like once they might be wearing a nice party gown, then change to a huge red showgirl outfit?
What is it and where can I get it? Smile
-The penguin has spoken Smile

-How could 52 pieces of cardboard ever bring so much joy?
Justin Flom
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of Justin Flom
Definitely not marketed. Other quick changes are but this one is keep strictly to their family. The performer (name slips my mind at this time) does many venues including sports halftimes, fairs, etc.
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
The couple doing the half time shows are called Quick Change. The changing of costumes is public domain and can be performed by anyone willing to spend a lot of time learning and rehearsing, not to mention some extra money laying around. These costumes do not come cheap. Search the Café for threads on quick change costumes.

Kevin
http://www.livingillusions.com
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Justin Flom
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of Justin Flom
Thanks Kevin, I knew you'd be the one who knew. Smile
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I saw that show myself. It was beautiful. I already have one myself. But it was made for me by a personal tailorer.
JohnMartin
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of JohnMartin
You may want to visit this site... http://www.magicmonros.com They have a book and video about instant costume changes. Hope this helps.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18080 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I have Monica's book and the video, but that is just a start. I missed the 30 seconds show and I'm not sure it's still on in Orlando. One of my singers performed for the show but it's never been aired that we know of. Did anyone tape David and Dania on this show?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
JAEIII
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of JAEIII
I believe that magician Becky Blaney was also on that episode.
Believe In Magic....I do!
omnibozo
View Profile
Regular user
Boulder, CO
151 Posts

Profile of omnibozo
Arturo Bricetti (sp?) is touring the US now and is headed to Broadway. He is in Denver tomorrow night, so I will post a review after seeing the show. The TV ads are great as were his appearances on the Drew Carey show. He advertises 100 costumes in 100 minutes!
EranRaven
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of EranRaven
There was a couple that did an amazing costume change act at this years Abbott’s get together. They were the closer of the convention but I can not remember their name. Anyone?
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
The closing act of Abbott's Get Together was the act, QUICK CHANGE. They have performed at most every major Sports Teams' half time.

Kevin
http://www.livingillusions.com
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
EranRaven
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of EranRaven
Thanks Kevin
omnibozo
View Profile
Regular user
Boulder, CO
151 Posts

Profile of omnibozo
Arturo Brichetti is currrently touring the US... headed to Broadway. Saw the show Tues night with magician friends... Just wonderful... If it is hard to concieve of a two hour show where the same basic effect, a costume change, is repeated literally 100 times... then this is the show to see!

While the show has some slow spots...the use of the stage and the range of effects created (OK he does the snowstorm effect four times) is wonderful. It is also very European... which means, as in euro film, some scenes are held for a beat or two longer than Americans are used to. There are also plenty of bam bam bam changes, too.

Highly recommended as a study in stage skills.