The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: You Oughta Be In Pictures :: Pool Magic Effects (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
That was simply amazing, I loved it. All in all, beautiful presentation....'PIZ'
Maro Anglero
View Profile
Loyal user
FLORIDA
248 Posts

Profile of Maro Anglero
Quote:
On 2006-12-08 12:08, DerekMerdinyan wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-12-08 09:45, Maro Anglero wrote:
Only Magicians knows the name of this effect and those who do not know here is a clue “It’s a seven letter word starting with “G”

This effect is not GARBAGE! :grin:

Derek that's funny but GARBAGE is not the word, let me know if you need another clue or PM me if you really know the word, GARBAGE is not a magic word.

Best,

Maro
For the Magician: The hard must become habit, The habit must become easy, The easy must become Beautiful

Doug Henning
Mano
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of Mano
WOW, what a shots he made, he is really a master.

thanks fro the link.
Mesquita
View Profile
Special user
917 Posts

Profile of Mesquita
Quote:
On 2006-12-09 15:13, Shawn Farquhar wrote:
Well after watching Peter Marvey the answer is quite simple, he's signed a deal with the devil...no really!

Shawn

Hahahaha! Yes Shawn! Maybe this is the explanation! Smile Smile Smile

All the best,

Mesquita
"Siempre somos tres me acompaña la luna y me sigue mi sombra" René Lavand
Silly Walter the Polar Bear
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of Silly Walter the Polar Bear
Had Peter Marvey put a bit of right english on the first shot where the 6 ball changes color, he would have made it in the side instead of catching the side of the pocket.
late night diner
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of late night diner
Hmmm, looks ike he's using the multiplying billiard ball principle for the color changes, and his hand sure looks dirty afterwards. The camera angle of the ball to square tells me it's something that can't be done live.

ps) the ball to square effect also tells me camera cuts & stooges.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27305 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2006-12-07 10:56, Mesquita wrote:
I have no clue how he did this...Awesome!

Lovely example of impromptu magic one can do at the local pool hall. All that and the changes leave the table clean for the next party to play a round with no stuff sticking out or flopped almost flat on the felt.

Sarcasm aside I did enjoy the modern use of assistants to look "interested", "puzzled" and then to proffer the props as if to share the magic with other "innocent bystanders".
...to all the coins I've dropped here
scrapdizzy
View Profile
Regular user
162 Posts

Profile of scrapdizzy
Camera trick indeed. After watching 3:08 and 3:14 of that clip.

bummer.
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Not really camera trick. Camera angles and a little something else. Jonathan is absolutely right about the spectators. They all had to be in on it and act like they didn't see what they where seeing. It does look good. Some of phases could be done live. I could see the first two phases being done for live audiences.

By the way I wouldn't say the method is something that starts with a "G" (Unless your'e refering to another aspect of it). It's something that starts with a "B"_ _ _ _ _ _.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27305 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
There is a beautiful and practical closeup effect where a two inch die is tossed onto the table and melts/shatters into a few smaller dice or a ball or coins.

:)
...to all the coins I've dropped here
CasualSoul
View Profile
Special user
Edmonton, Canada
541 Posts

Profile of CasualSoul
I thought I had it all figured out until the ball collision color change. Awesome stuff. I would pay dearly to be able to pull that off while shooting pool with the boys.
"Open their mind by performing the impossible"
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I have to bite my tongue here. Don't get me wrong because it fooled me pretty good but I finally worked it out. It's one of those "slap myself on the forehead - how did I let that fool me" kind of things. Once you know it it's hard to believe you didn't catch it right away. Smile

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Mesquita
View Profile
Special user
917 Posts

Profile of Mesquita
Quote:
On 2006-12-11 18:06, Jaxon wrote:
I have to bite my tongue here. Don't get me wrong because it fooled me pretty good but I finally worked it out. It's one of those "slap myself on the forehead - how did I let that fool me" kind of things. Once you know it it's hard to believe you didn't catch it right away. Smile

Ron Jaxon

Ron jaxon, what about you send a PM to me? Smile ...I opened this topic...and I can't sleep anymore with this video in my mind...PLEASEEEEEE! Smile

All the best,

Mesquita
RickVancouver
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
697 Posts

Profile of RickVancouver
Mesquita, I PM'd you.
www.vancouvermagic.com
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
Mesquita
View Profile
Special user
917 Posts

Profile of Mesquita
Thanks Rick!

All the best,

Mesquita
CasualSoul
View Profile
Special user
Edmonton, Canada
541 Posts

Profile of CasualSoul
Quote:
On 2006-12-11 18:06, Jaxon wrote:

Ron Jaxon

Ok Ron, now you have me feeling like a total newbie here. It must me something very obvious and I'm just missing it. That's what I get, I take a month off of magic and my brain just completely shuts down. Smile Is this something that could be replicated in a real life environment or is it really angle sensitive?

Anyone feeling generous enough to enlighten me via pm?
"Open their mind by performing the impossible"
BCaldwell
View Profile
Special user
is really regretting his
524 Posts

Profile of BCaldwell
Wow, Criss Angel looks a lot different in a white sweater!
"...that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller Smile

~Bob~