The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Finger/stage manipulation :: Card Castle Finale (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
charlatan
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of charlatan
I was told I would probably get better responses to my post in this forum...

I am working on a card production routine and I want to end with a bang. I was thinking maybe a card castle would be a good ending. Could someone please tell me if card castles are easy to set up and perform? I would not be using a table and I would like to do the castle from the ground up. Is this possible? I know you use some sort of cover then the castle magically appears. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Jeb Sherrill
View Profile
Inner circle
Elsewhere
1161 Posts

Profile of Jeb Sherrill
I've made my own, and to be honest I'd just buy one. The giant one, you may be talking about, is quite expensive, but it really does look good. I'm sure someone here will have some good links to shops that sell them.

Sable
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
I don't believe in reincarnation, but I may have in another life.
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
No, the giant ones aren't made. Marvey made his own. Buy a small one and use it to make a gaint one.

Lee
Jeb Sherrill
View Profile
Inner circle
Elsewhere
1161 Posts

Profile of Jeb Sherrill
Sorry to disagree Lee, but I've seen them. There's one out that you can produce a person from.

Sable
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
O.. I was told there was no such thing on the market. Anyways you can make one your-self. It's not that hard.
Jeb Sherrill
View Profile
Inner circle
Elsewhere
1161 Posts

Profile of Jeb Sherrill
I'll see if I can find the ones I saw and tell you guys. It was several years ago, and they could be off the market now.

Rethinking things, Pyro's right about making them too. Especially with the larger castle, it might be well worth it to try and make one, as the large ones I saw were several thousand dollars. The smaller ones I'd probably just buy.

Sable
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Owen Magic Supreme makes a Giant Card Castle which appears under a large foulard resting on a platform. From within the castle an assistant is produced as the cards part. This illusion is fairly complex in its engineering since the front cards have to hinge on two edges to allow the castle to collapse and permit the assistant a portal to make his or her appearance. Instead of a card castle how about a card fountain? I use it in my card manipulation routine. I bring a top hat with the fountain to the edge of the stage and spray the audience with cards. Its a very strong finish and people remember it.
Jeb Sherrill
View Profile
Inner circle
Elsewhere
1161 Posts

Profile of Jeb Sherrill
Unfortunately I must report that the Owen version Countelmsley refers to is the only one on the market now. My fiance' tells me that Tannens had a regular (no assistant production) giant card castle, but it has been discontinued and is now a collector's item. Alas...it must have been the one of which I was thinking.Smile

Sable
Magicrma
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona
101 Posts

Profile of Magicrma
Check out Magic4u.com they have a card castle made out of large cards.
FYI; make sure that it is stable when full size. I have had to reinforce the ones that I use.
:bikes:
MagicRMA
"The art of Illusion is at least 95% applied psychology" Henning Nelms (Magic & Showmanship)
<BR>
<BR>MagicRMA
<BR>Majicrma@msn.com
Jeb Sherrill
View Profile
Inner circle
Elsewhere
1161 Posts

Profile of Jeb Sherrill
Magicrma,
Thanks man. I just went there; not a bad price.

Is it automatic?

Sable
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
I would like to find an automatic card castle, any suggestions.

Darkwing
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
Well, you can get one from your magic dealer. You can also make one. How else does everyone finish there act? I am thinking about uses my-self vanish.

Lee
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Pyro,
Maybe you misunderstand me, I am aware of the card castle that lies flat and you put a foulard over and pull up with a ribbon or a piece of tape. I am looking for one that is spring loaded that can be produced immediately. They may not even exist.
Jeb Sherrill
View Profile
Inner circle
Elsewhere
1161 Posts

Profile of Jeb Sherrill
Darkwing,
It looks like you'll have to build the spring mechanism yourself, unless the giant one mentioned above proves to be automatic. At the price they're asking, I doubt it. Perhaps through PMs, you, myself, Pyro and anyone else interested, might discuss possible methods.

Sable
Kingry
View Profile
Elite user
Virginia
464 Posts

Profile of Kingry
I'm interested in the fountain idea. What card fountain do you recommend? Thanks.