The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Big and the Small :: Ian Rowland's Beautiful Cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
wash
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of wash
In the UK/England/Great Britain (I never know which to use), Ian Rowland (mentalist) hand makes some stunningly beautiful playing card pieces. I am working them into my close up sit down routine, and would be interested to hear if anyone else has done the same.
Rocketeer
View Profile
Special user
Westchester, NY
965 Posts

Profile of Rocketeer
The distinction between those places used to confuse the hell out of me. Allow me:

Off of the west coast of Europe there are two large islands. One is named Great Britain and the other Ireland.

The island of Great Britain is the home of three nations, England, Scotland and Wales. These three are not sovereign (separate) nations, however. They are part of a country named The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

Northern Ireland comprises the northern sixth or so of the island named Ireland. The southern five-sixths of the island of Ireland is The Republic of Ireland, a separate sovereign nation.

Come to think of it, I'm still confused by all this.
I'm selling my hardcover autographed limited edition copy of Jerome Finley's "Thought Veil"

PM me for info.
ToasterofDoom
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of ToasterofDoom
Now if I could only afford custom made decks...
Lynne Kelly
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
113 Posts

Profile of Lynne Kelly
Hi elainecummins,

I have some of the Wow! cards and get a great reaction to them whenever I show them off. I too would like to use them somehow in close-up, but am afraid I would damage them, so want something which would not be stressful in any way on the card.

Sorry I have no answer, I am just supporting the question and hoping someone else has some ideas.

Of course, I could get rich and order heaps of them! If we could come up with a good enough routine, it would be worth getting more, accepting that they will eventually wear out. That would cost far less than many magic gaffs and it would be unlikely anyone had seen them. I wonder if something about the spec 'cutting' the deck and then cutting their selected card - and then the reveal of their 'cut' card in a box ... I am starting to get ideas!

Lynne