The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Canadian Association of Magicians! :: Canadian favor (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Charlie Justice
View Profile
Inner circle
Mount Dora, Florida
1142 Posts

Profile of Charlie Justice
Hey guys,
What the best way for an American to get ahold of about 400 canadian quarters through the mail? Do any banks up there provide this service?
peace, charlie
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Hi Charlie,

Not sure if banks would do that.

Why not simply go to a currency converter nearby ( you are in a tourist area after all ) and pick up Canadian quarters there?

Best,

Tim
Charlie Justice
View Profile
Inner circle
Mount Dora, Florida
1142 Posts

Profile of Charlie Justice
Thanks for the reply Tim. I actually never even considered that. I guess I've been a local too long to think about those places. I appreciate it.

peace, charlie
Louis.P.M
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, Canada
218 Posts

Profile of Louis.P.M
And florida is THE place where people from Quebec go during winter. Ever heard of the "Snow Birds"?
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2078 Posts

Profile of jlevey
Do some street magic in Florida and as you pass the hat, show a sign that says Canadian money accepted.

If your show is not yet strong on the street, you should end up with 400 quarters by the end of the day.

If your show is street strong, you may end up with a hatful of bills and that will not solve you rneed for quarters dilemma.

Best of luck!

Jonathan
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
If you are having a problum finding the coins, let my know, and I will send them down, just pay-pal me the money and I will ship them out.
I get to gaff some cool stuff for some cool people
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2970 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Smile hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Currency changing operations do not usually offer anything but bills in foreign money. They also do not accept foreign coins. For example, if you go to Travelex in the US, you will not find Canadian coins.

If you have money to exchange when you are leaving a foreign country, the money changer will give you the nearest dollar, then the change in the local currency.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com