The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magicians of old :: Lee Edwards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1806 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Does anyone know whatever became of Lee Edwards. He was every popular in the late 70's and early 80's and just seems to have disappeared.
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
He is probably in heaven, having passed on very suddenly some time ago.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1806 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Wow, I did not know that. How old was he when he passsed away, and was it an accident or an illness? Saw many taped performances of him and could not believe he would just drop out of magic that quick.
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
Death has a way of making people do things like that!
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3662 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Lee was not that old, I believe he would be only in his 60's now.

His true name was Lee Sprague, his brother (Steve) who worked with his show has now moved on to another Califronia based magician's show and there are some photos on his bio part of the site of him with his brother.

Lee was friends with many of the original Dante show and was making his mark in magic at quite an early age (ie. appearing on It's Magic, the HBO magic special)

I purchased the major portion of Lee's magic, in particular the 35 illusions, sets and costumes that made up the "ShaZzam!" show (created by John Daniel) This included the rights to the name of the show (as recognised by folks lik Abb Dickson, Mike Cavenay, John Daniel etc.)

You can also see some shots of Lee performing on my site, just google my name, or ShaZzam!

Take care,

Blair Marshall

P.S. Can I ask what your interest is in Lee, did you see ever see him perform??
He lived, and the show was based in San Diego.
JKing
View Profile
New user
Tampa, FL
53 Posts

Profile of JKing
Lee was a great showman. I saw his show years ago in AZ.
djevolved
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of djevolved
Hello all,
I'm new to the forums, but have looked up and gotten great advice from so many of the posts here, so thank you all!

My mom was a magician's assistant and I have been trying to figure out who she worked for, just found pictures and resume of Lee Edwards (that's her in the box, Lily aka Lillian Palmer). Attached are the pictures, newspaper article and resume I found. If you have any links or information about Mr. Edwards, especially any video, that would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Winston
djevolved
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of djevolved
Sorry, here are the pictures...
djevolved
View Profile
New user