The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: Should I or should I not? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
magic_man204
View Profile
Veteran user
north idaho
350 Posts

Profile of magic_man204
Hi I have had a single dove for about 2 years now and am currently getting a few more and am woundering if it would be ok to put the dove I have now in eith all the others or sould I keep it by it's self? I just want the dove to be as happy as possible.
Thanks a lot guy'
-Aaron
raywitko
View Profile
Special user
western Pa
527 Posts

Profile of raywitko
Depends on the cage size and the sex of the doves. I live in Pa. and keep my doves outside year round, They have a roof over their head and are out of the wind. I've had over twenty doves in a a 4 ft x 8 ft x 6 ft high coop with no problem.
Ray
Sometimes it seems there are more than one of me.

Tabman USA
magicdmv
email me at [email]fursclass@magicdmv.com[/email]
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Aaron,

For all it is easier to combine doves in a cage that is new to all of them. With enough space, combining doves is seldom a problem.

Good Luck!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4863 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Aaron, in smaller cages, as Bob said, it would be better to put them all in a new cage however if you have a large aviary like Ray describes, you should be ok. The real problem will be if you add males to a cage already inhabited by another male. That will cause fights and there's no way to stop it.
Where the magic begins
magic_man204
View Profile
Veteran user
north idaho
350 Posts

Profile of magic_man204
Ok thanks everybody, I was just woundering if it is ok for a bird not used to being arounfd other birds to be combined?