The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: Production of Two Big Harakhan bird cages. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
Just a question I am very curious about.

Is Renowned Jason Byrne, under the mentor of Brett Daniel...the FIRST to produce the Big Harakhan Bird cage, One after another...total 2 cages.

The reason I am curious cos I saw Fism winner, Las Vegas magician(in his promo)...many more magicians (at least I have seen 3)....doing this same effect of producing 2 big cages....one after another.

So who is the original inventor we should give credit to?
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7674 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Is is an adaption of other productions items from years. Past.

Stick with your production with the doves and all. It is the strongest thing you do in the act.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
881 Posts

Profile of sperris
Originally the cage productions like that were first made famous by the Majestix when they had their killer dove act, which unfortunately they no longer do. Michael and Stacy did some of the most incredible dove productions which unfortunately have yet to still be matched by some of today's innovators of dove magic. No doubt they were ahead of their time...waaaaay ahead of their time.
DANSPERRY.COM
Wade Live
View Profile
Veteran user
Earth
322 Posts

Profile of Wade Live
I remember seeing a video of them performing some crazy bird stuff. I believe it could have been their demo tape someone had. It was pretty cool stuff!

Is Spike ok now Mr. Sperry? hahaha...

Wade
magicmanfrank
View Profile
Inner circle
1127 Posts

Profile of magicmanfrank
Quote:
On 2006-11-22 20:51, sperris wrote:
Originally the cage productions like that were first made famous by the Majestix when they had their killer dove act, which unfortunately they no longer do. Michael and Stacy did some of the most incredible dove productions which unfortunately have yet to still be matched by some of today's innovators of dove magic. No doubt they were ahead of their time...waaaaay ahead of their time.

Actually, Michael was doing the Double-Dove Cage production long before he was part of the Majestix.
In the late 80's he was still married to his first wife, (Lisa), and they were billed as just Mike & Lisa Giles.

We performed several shows together and it was a Very First-Class Act!

They used to have one Heck of a good Snake Production too!!!

=Frank=
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!!!

Frank Thurston

www.FrankThurstonMagic.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Magic-of-Frank-Thurston/116625117910?ref=nf
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
881 Posts

Profile of sperris
You're right frank, I know he performed an Its Magic show with his first wife back in the day and know of people crediting it as a great act even back then. I think the act started to really kick a** when he and stacy started putting their heads together to come up with some good stuff like the snowstorm dove steal stacy used to do in the act, etc.
DANSPERRY.COM