The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Ever so sleightly :: Scotty York (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
samuelchong
View Profile
Loyal user
Penang
237 Posts

Profile of samuelchong
After watching A.Schneider doing his LA Cups (http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=185020&forum=111&11), I wanna get Scott York's X-Rated Cups & Balls Routine. I try to look for it in many online shops especially Denny & Lee, Hanks Lee & SME but I still can't find it.

Does anyone know where to get it..?

Thanks
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1309 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
Alas it is out of print but you might find it at some of the old book dealers like
H&R Magic
http://www.magicbookshop.com/

Should cost about $5 to $10
Later,
Mobius
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24316 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
There may be one on the big e auction site as part of a package of books.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
lint
View Profile
Special user
Concord, CA
967 Posts

Profile of lint
Darn you bill! I was hoping this would stay under the radar! Smile
"There's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip..." -English Proverb
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
The York book is on ebay right now.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Well, now that the word is out, that's where I found my copy just a few months ago. This new offering is part of a set of booklets so it'll cost a bit more.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24316 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
As much as I like Scotty's handling, you will probably get more out of Al Schneider's LA Street Cups routine.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I have to agree with Bill on this (not a big surprise there). I bought Scotty's booklet basically as a library addition and although it's a good routine, Al's carefully studied approach to the LA routine will teach you more.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
samuelchong
View Profile
Loyal user
Penang
237 Posts

Profile of samuelchong
What is the name of the booklet..?

>> you will probably get more out of Al Schneider's LA Street Cups routine.
Does it mean Al's approach is better than Scotty's..?
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
It's called just that..."LA Street Cups" by Al Schneider. You can go here to purchase or for more information, both from Al himself!

http://www.worldmagiccenter.com/salesb/esales1b.htm

Mark.
samuelchong
View Profile
Loyal user
Penang
237 Posts

Profile of samuelchong
I mean what is the name of Scotty York booklet.
Mitch Schneiter
View Profile
Special user
West Linn, Oregon
672 Posts

Profile of Mitch Schneiter
The booklet is "Scott York Cups & Balls" published by Jeff Busby Magic.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24316 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2006-11-22 06:47, samuelchong wrote:
What is the name of the booklet..?

>> you will probably get more out of Al Schneider's LA Street Cups routine.
Does it mean Al's approach is better than Scotty's..?

Not necessarily. Al's material is more exhaustive. You can also purchase a CD with video clips of the routine, from several different angles.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

samuelchong
View Profile
Loyal user
Penang
237 Posts

Profile of samuelchong
Thanks for the info.
Bill Wells
View Profile
Elite user
Lexington, VA
457 Posts

Profile of Bill Wells
As published by Busby, the booklet is titled Scott York "Cups and Balls" on the outside cover (a sort of orange colored cover with a odd looking sketch of Scotty done by Charlie Miller). The title on the inside cover is: "The Original "X-rated" Cups and Balls with The "Technicolor X-rated" Cups and Balls Supplement.

It was called the X-rated cups and balls routine not because of any blue material in the routine but rather because the routine could be performed in the nude in spite of ending with the production of three large balls.

Aside from the handling necessary to facilitate the production of the final loads, the routine basically follows the Dai Vernon Cups and Balls routine as it was originially designed to fool magicians familiar with the Vernon routine.

It was also sold in the early '70s at a few early lectures as a separate manuscript under the "X-Rated Cups and Balls" title so you might also see it in that format on used magic lists. The version with colored balls was not part of the earlier manuscript. As others have noted, you are more likely to see the small booklet sold by Jeff Busby.

In my humble opinion, the greatest difference in the York and Schneider routine insofar as a lay audience is concerned is that one large ball is produced at the end of Al's routine and three large balls are produced at the end of Scotty's.