The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The little darlings :: Miser's Dream Angles (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
HI,
Kaps ext used to go to a used coin shop and look for really worn coins the more worn out the coin the less talking.I suppose you could use some really fine emmery paper and wear the coins yourself?
Phillip
JSRovner
View Profile
New user
Southern California
34 Posts

Profile of JSRovner
For those who do the classic Miser's Dream with a bucket, I'm curious whether you start with the coin stack already loaded, or whether you are able to pass the bucket around for inspection first. If the latter, how do you obtain the stack and then load it and get it in position without too much noise? I tried lining my bucket with felt which makes the loading and positioning quieter, but after experimenting with coin droppers, etc., haven't found a satisfactory method of obtaining the stack silently.
tkuhns
View Profile
Regular user
Kirksville, Missouri
134 Posts

Profile of tkuhns
I've found all that's necessary is to keep the bucket on its side until needed, coins loaded in position. Take the bucket, and simply show it empty. Your hands cover the coins. They'll take your word. No need to pass it around for inspection, casting more suspicion on the bucket than necessary (I think).
Leland
View Profile
Inner circle
St Louis
1180 Posts

Profile of Leland
Just read through the thread, I have always wanted to perform it but knew that my coin work needed work. I think I will pick up on the tips and give it another try. Thanks for all the tips!
Life of Magic!
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
Hi,
I start with the bucket on it's side and the stack in position. I see no benifit in showing the bucket empty. I also throw in to my routine the gag on the "jester pitch " video of comming from a kids ear with a lump of wax! a bit gross I suppose but the kids and Mams and Dads seem to love it! I also make funny (but old) comments when plucking the coins from various children, tipping coins from the childrens party hats, kids specticals and pony tails.
My aim is to make it fun!
Phillip