The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Ice Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
JustinVisible
View Profile
Elite user
South Jersey/Philadelphia Areas
453 Posts

Profile of JustinVisible
Get yourself a BLUE D'Lite.... Borrow ice from a spectator's drink (have a sppon handy) and take the Ice.... Begin to blow on the ice and at the same moment, press the blue D'Lite behind the ice cube.... Hand the iec cube back to them but instead of it being ice it is a nice cold, glass marble or similiar item.

I have done this a few times in my restaurant. Not too sure if it is someone's or independently created. PM for more of the work and specifics but kind of cut and dry to figure out.

Justin
"If they laugh, it's funny..."
Funone
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Funone
Daryl sells an icecube. Looks very real. It would work great with the d'lite. Also M. Ammar's effect is cool (pun intended) too.
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1484 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
David Roth does a coin routine in his "dinner table cain magic" video putting at play a chinese coin, supposedly transposed from himalaya... and it is very cold.
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
You could switch a real ice cube for one of those gag ice cubes with a fly in it.

Or, even better, you could switch it for a real ice cube with a real fly in it, then break the cube, pick up the fly, secretly swap it for a semi-frozen fly, and let it revive in your hand. You could do some great Ice Age patter with this one. Smile
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
Frozen Quartz...you can find it online in various sizes. It can be used in place of real ice, it never melts.

Imagine this, a spectator has a bottle of spring water, you show both hands empty and then borrow the bottled water. You then make a loose fist and pour in some water....when you open your hand there sitting in your palm is a chunk of ice which you then pop into your mouth and eat it with an audible crunch.

I did this routine all last summer and it worked great.

Frozen Quartz

johnny
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I just saw that Viking Magic has fake ice cubes that can release (under your control) a small amount of water to make them that much more realistic.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Nefesch
View Profile
Special user
El Salvador
611 Posts

Profile of Nefesch
Hi
I am nefesch, creator of an effect named FROZEN
I noted you were talking in a thread about some effects with ice.

I sent to some of you this message as a pm
For those I didn't send you this, let me tell it to you here

I would like you to know that I have created an effect where you produce REAL ICE. Not fake ice. And I am totally sure, this effect is a new and diferent method from that one you were talking about.

If you want to know a little more about it here is the link to it:

http://www.leapinglizardsmagic.com/nefesch.htm

In my effect you borrow a coin from your spectator, you ask your spectator to sign it. then you close your fists, and blow on them, a cold blown cloud is seing comming out from your mouth, After that, you ask your spectator to put his hands under your closed fists....
.... COLD WATER start to fall from your closed fist, is real water, is really cold. then you open your fists, and your spectator finds his signed coin FROZEN INSIDE A REAL AND SOLID PIECE OF ICE.

After that you let your spectator to take the solid piece of ice, with his coin inside, and your spectator WILL HAVE TO WAIT THE ICE TO MELT, TO HAVE HIS COIN BACK.

The ice produced is REAL ICE, IS COLD, IS EATABLE,

You can let your spectator keep the ice, he can eat it if he wants to.

I expect you like the effect, and if you have any question I am able to help you.

Your most humble server

Néfesch
Magicman101uk
View Profile
Regular user
Nuneaton, UK
146 Posts

Profile of Magicman101uk
Quote:
On 2007-02-22 16:44, Néfesch wrote:
Hi
I am nefesch, creator of an effect named FROZEN
I noted you were talking in a thread about some effects with ice.

I sent to some of you this message as a pm
For those I didn't send you this, let me tell it to you here

I would like you to know that I have created an effect where you produce REAL ICE. Not fake ice. And I am totally sure, this effect is a new and diferent method from that one you were talking about.

If you want to know a little more about it here is the link to it:

http://www.leapinglizardsmagic.com/nefesch.htm

In my effect you borrow a coin from your spectator, you ask your spectator to sign it. then you close your fists, and blow on them, a cold blown cloud is seing comming out from your mouth, After that, you ask your spectator to put his hands under your closed fists....
.... COLD WATER start to fall from your closed fist, is real water, is really cold. then you open your fists, and your spectator finds his signed coin FROZEN INSIDE A REAL AND SOLID PIECE OF ICE.

After that you let your spectator to take the solid piece of ice, with his coin inside, and your spectator WILL HAVE TO WAIT THE ICE TO MELT, TO HAVE HIS COIN BACK.

The ice produced is REAL ICE, IS COLD, IS EATABLE,

You can let your spectator keep the ice, he can eat it if he wants to.

I expect you like the effect, and if you have any question I am able to help you.

Your most humble server

Néfesch

Wow, this sounds like some effect! Looking forward to this!

Cheers

Paul
Anyone here believe in psycho-kinesis? Raise my hand!

www.paul-humphreys.com
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
The puff of fog is really neat and is all I'm interested in.

johnny
<BR>I never inhale Smile
LegendaryEgos
View Profile
Elite user
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
492 Posts

Profile of LegendaryEgos
This is the water to ice that I have. It's pretty cool. Its based on science but is amazing.

You basically have a clear bowl or cup of water. You have the spectator look in the water and see that there is no ice in fact there is nothing but water. You then reach in and pull out a handful of ice. Pretty cool effect.

It costs like $99 but you get a lot of the "gimmick"

Ice From Water by Andrew Gerard

Marc
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
This trick is waaaaay different Marc. I still really like the fog...is it fricken practical that's me question savvy!?

Whats the set-up, does one need sleeves or pockets...must a person sell his soul to perform this effect!?

Answers

johnny
<BR>I never inhale Smile
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Quote:
On 2007-02-24 00:29, johnnymystic wrote:
This trick is waaaaay different Marc. I still really like the fog...is it fricken practical that's me question savvy!?

Whats the set-up, does one need sleeves or pockets...must a person sell his soul to perform this effect!?

Answers

johnny

Dear johnnymystic,
I am a bit confused. In which puff of which effect are you refering?
You mean Nefesch's Frozen? If yes, then I can give you some details on it.
Bests,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies