The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: A turn of the page :: Our Magic Owners or collectors...Published Date ??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
tmoca
View Profile
Inner circle
1113 Posts

Profile of tmoca
I have a copy of Our Magic Maskelyne & Devant, published by Routledge, by Will Owen. It does not have a published date. I have searched the net and it appears that this was published in either 1910 or 1911.

Does anyone know if there is a way to know for sure when it was published? I may be considering selling it and would like to find out all the details first.

Thanks in advance
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24317 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
The only way I know to be sure which edition you have is to contact someone who really knows this stuff, such as Byron Walker or Clay Shevlin.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
JimMaloney
View Profile
Inner circle
1184 Posts

Profile of JimMaloney
Based on advertisements at the time, the book was originally released towards the end of 1911. Looks like Routledge was the British publisher and Dutton was the American one.

I would agree with Bill, though, about contact someone who is well-versed in the magic literature to help you specifically identify which edition you have.

-Jim
Books and Magazines for sale -- more than 200 items (Last updated January 17th, 2014. Link goes to public Google Doc.)
Clay Shevlin
View Profile
Elite user
497 Posts

Profile of Clay Shevlin
Tmoca:

For what it's worth, I have recorded 1911 as the publication date for the U.K. edition of Our Magic.

Copies are not very difficult to find, so don't be too disappointed if the selling price is not very high.

Clay

P.S. If your copy has a dust jacket, it would be worth an appreciable amount more. CHS
tmoca
View Profile
Inner circle
1113 Posts

Profile of tmoca
Thanks