The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Gaffed & Funky :: Multiple IDs and Brainwave routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
joesilver
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of joesilver
Any thoughts of using a regular, mini, and jumbo ID...plus a Brainwave...all to produce the same selection?

I've been toying with the idea, as it seems to pack a HUGE punch. That said, I could use some advice.

So, advise away.

Dan
Logan Five
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1434 Posts

Profile of Logan Five
I have been using a regular sized ID for a closer for my mental presentation. This routine never fails to get a great reaction. For me, I prefer the ID over the Brainwave deck because with the ID I am able to show that all of the cards in the deck are NOT marked, only their selection is the marked card. This little difference creates some suspence in the effect. With the BD, you spread the cards out and the selection is stairing you and your audience right in the face. No suspence.

In Whit Haydn's Chicago Surprise there is a bonus routine on the BD which has Whit's great presentation of this routine. His presentation is great..it's worth getting your hands on. I have adopted his presentation of the BD for the ID.

rick-
Self concept is destiny..
Kaylan
View Profile
Special user
CT
758 Posts

Profile of Kaylan
Joesilver, are you saying to use all of those decks in one continuous routine? I think that's what you meant but just wanted to clarify. If so, perhaps you could outline the routine...then I/we could give some better feedback.
:) Kaylan
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
I agree with Kaylan on a clarification.
The way I read the post, it seems way too much and somewhat suspicious using different decks for a single revelation.
Kaylan
View Profile
Special user
CT
758 Posts

Profile of Kaylan
Exactly, Jaz. But maybe the routine is good enough to overcome the suspected suspicions? That's why we gotta know...

:) Kaylan