The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Where to put it all... :: Which do you prefer? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Profile of Andrew E. Miller
I have my jackets tailored to have all the pockets I can possibly have inside. I do not like the idea of carrying around a case unless it is set up on stage or for parlor.
What do you guys do? Do you rely on your clothing or do you carry around a case? Or maybe something else that is different from those two? Smile
If you get bored go to www.a-miller.idz.net and watch some magic.

-Andrew
Joe M. Turner
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta, Georgia
248 Posts

Profile of Joe M. Turner
I do not carry a case around while I work. I usually wear a jacket and tie, and do not have any additional pockets added. I can perform walkaround for hours using just the items I can place in a few pockets. The Klamm Pocket Organizers are very helpful in maintaining a bulgeless appearance while organizing props inside your coat pockets.

I will often have a case in the car or behind the bar with additional props, including some larger items for a stand-up performance if the need arises.

When I started, I carried a LOT of stuff and stashed a fairly large case somewhere. Now I carry only what fits in my clothing. Sometimes at the restaurant I don't even wear a jacket, and I only perform with the items I can place in my pockets without creating large bulges.

It's amazing how few props you actually have to carry in order to do solid strolling magic.

JMT
Regards,
Joe M. Turner
turnermagic.com
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Profile of Andrew E. Miller
I use the extra pockets for gags throughout the performance. I can fit all the magic items I need with what I am given in the first place just like you.
If you get bored go to www.a-miller.idz.net and watch some magic.

-Andrew
BenSchwartz
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
499 Posts

Profile of BenSchwartz
I only use 3 pockets. Lol . I carry the following:

A deck of cards, Sharpie, two rubberbands, 4 walking liberty halves, a jumbo coin, two half dollars and a jumbo half.
"The experience of astonishment is the experience of a clear, primal state of mind that they associate with a child's state of mind." ---- Paul Harris