The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Stage Illusions :: PW Proline Vanishing Dove Cage (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1850 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
I just received one of the very first production models of the PW Procage by Proline Magic.

All I can say is: Finally, a Vanishing Dove Cage that actually LOOKS like a bird cage resting on top of a table!

After being involved in magic for over 25 years, I have had the opportunity to see many great performers present this classic illusion. And I have always hoped that someday I, too, would get the opportunity to join the great bird workers and present this effect myself. But which cage to get? There are several, well made cages to chose from - Owens Magic Supreme and Nielsen, to name a couple. And then there was the Proline, versions 2 and 3. All great looking cages, yet something was missing? I couldn't quite put my finger on it, until I saw the PW ProCage! Finally, a Vanishing Dove Cage that actually LOOKS like a bird cage resting on top of a table! Once I saw the picture, followed by a demonstration video by collaborator Jason Purdy (the "P" in PW), I KNEW that my search was over!

I contacted Cliff Wiggs directly, and he patiently discussed all of the design improvements that had gone into this new cage. And the communication from Cliff continued through every step of the production process - I wasn't left hanging, wondering what was going on with my order. Every detail, from base design, stand design, cloth fabric choices, etc. were discussed with me, allowing me to be fully involved in the production of my cage. This, coupled with an optional ata case made specifically the cage, made for an incredible stage prop that I will be using for years to come!

And as for the cage - WoW! I don't know how to put into words how well made the cage is, and how good it looks in person. I'll have to let the photos speak for themselves:

The cage was assembled by me easily enough, and looked like a cage sitting on top of the table. The highly polished aluminum trim has a mirror finish, as does the black beveled base. The latching mechanism is fool proof - no worries about untimely triggering! The cage actually has a floor! No premature vanishing birds (look mommy, now there's only 2 birds in the cage? Oh, there he is - peeking out from the bottom!) The black base itself is beveled so well that it has to be one of the thinnest available. You could even roll this thing out and use it as a side table if you had to! As to the actual performance, this thing works like a dream, each and every time. No bird tails sticking out after the vanish, no cloth getting sucked into the table. It just works - like it is suppose to!

If you are a bird worker looking for the ultimate vanishing cage, then look no more! The PW Procage is going to be THE choice of professional performers everywhere!
Paulo Cabrita
View Profile
Special user
820 Posts

Profile of Paulo Cabrita
Can you tell which the differences Dove Cage Vanish v3.0 and PW Proline Vanishing Dove Cage! I think that it is alone the foot?
which the quality of the "bars" of this proline cage?

Paulo
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1850 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
I don't own any of the other Proline cages, but I believe that the bars are made of the same material on both. The PW PROcage bars are polished along with the metal trim. The PW PROcage is also taller to allow for the "feet" and have the cage look balanced. Also, the PW PROcage has a deluxe lined cloth.

Hope that helps!

Chris
Jason Purdy
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Jason Purdy
Dear Paulo,

Regarding you question about the differences between the Dove Cage Vanish v3.0 and PW PROcage: Chris pretty much nailed it!

The PW PROcage is in fact the V3.0 on steroids! (Both are great!) The V3.0 evolved into the "PW PROcage" that you may have seen at http://www.jasonpurdy.com/pwprocage.html The V3.0 has many improvements and features than the older models and is a great cage! The PW PROcage has a been redesigned to look more like a cage on a table with "cage feet" This addition alone, really is all the difference in the world! It really was "the missing link". The pictures do not do it justice! Like Chris said, the cage itself is taller (like 2" taller and the table is taller. The table can be any height you want up to twenty feet!). The wheeled bases have been changed over the years solid chromed, black and chrome. The new PROline PRObase (table base) is another custom feature on the PW PROcage. This new base is HOT and it's a more compact design. Allowing for a more compact road case design. The PW PROcage also has an improved piston flange. Because it is a custom piece, there is stricter attention to fine details!

On top of that, the PW PROcage is currently a custom order piece available exclusively through Cliff Wiggs at Proline Magic.

As a former Nielsen cage owner, I had always been interested in Proline's cages as well, I just figured the quality wasn't as good etc. I just had to purchase a Proline (V2.0 at that time) to see them side by side, and experiment with both. Each cage had it's own pluses and minuses, but I kept returning to the Proline. In my tests, and practicing with the two, (after many trials and ERRORS) I had better luck with the Proline, and to me, that is what counts. Reliability! I need to be sure that the prop is going to work! Right?

For me, the most reliable cage was the Proline. It just was more consistent, period. Besides, I liked the look, the floor and more importantly, I liked the bar system much better. It just won me over. So I sold the Nielsen cage.
I was happy with my decision. I had zero problems with V2.0 . Then Cliff Wiggs of Proline Magic and I got together and discussed some Ideas I had for his cage. The end result was the V3.0. For years Proline magic, was available pretty much exclusively through Tilford. So people thought that Tilford was THE builder of Proline' s cages. Which is not the case! Proline built them, and Tilford sold them... But because the adds were always from Tilford, Cliff Wiggs and Proline Magic were labeled Tilford Magic, therefore, I guess anyone that had any negative things to say about Tilford, had the same to say about Proline. If that makes sense? (Guilty by association...)

I really can't say enough about this cage... It is a wonderful prop! And Cliff Wiggs is a great guy to deal with! I'm confident that if you decide to make a purchase... You will be thrilled with either model!

To see the older 2.0 and the PW PROcage together well, it is like night and day! Just AWESOME!

Sincerely,

~Jason
Paulo Cabrita
View Profile
Special user
820 Posts

Profile of Paulo Cabrita
Jason,

Tank you very much to be so kind with your answer!

Paulo
e-man
View Profile
Special user
HILTON HEAD,SC
881 Posts

Profile of e-man
Smile
我被烹调
ERIC HELVENSTON