The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Paper money madness! :: Hypno bill appears to be the best! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
jbk2006
View Profile
Loyal user
USA
230 Posts

Profile of jbk2006
I'm 50/50 on that one. While I do love hypno-bill, I love daniel garcia's greed even more....while it does take (in my opinion) longer to make(which isn't long) it gets a lot better reactions and has an amazing kicker. Though I do like greed more, hypno-bill has a few more pros to it. First of all, even though it's gimmicked, you don't have to make it "perfect" as with greed. Second, more than 1 currency can be used. With my experience with greed, only 1 type of currency can be used. Overall, I would rate hypno-bill in my top five favorite bill switches. Another source of great bill switches is john lovick's book titled "Switch".

Best wishes,
JBK
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2007-07-06 09:06, Joshua Barrett wrote: I like lovicks tipless switch ... in switch the action is nice on it I think

Well, there are some fantastic switches. The tradional one. Money Morph by Kevin King took that to the next level. Changeabill by Fred Berthelot is a beautiful, fast switch. Juan Pablo, Bob sheets recently have come up with dramatic switches. Corey Burke of course has a new one out.

But Joshua, lovicks tipless switch blew me away. I wote a little about it here:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=236
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
cheesewrestler
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1157 Posts

Profile of cheesewrestler
You can do the Kos switch tipless, some say it's even easier that way.
Justin Impossible
View Profile
Veteran user
Distant Land Of Shmooo
328 Posts

Profile of Justin Impossible
What about Hundy!!!!
Peace
J
Justin Impossible
www.justinimpossible.com
www.facebook.com/magicianjustinimpossible

A pretty assistant is the most effective form of misdirection.
ramasis
View Profile
New user
me
1 Post

Profile of ramasis
Hypno Bill, is a wonderful effect ; I wont comment on the other ones mentioned,as this topic is about Hypno Bill and, for what it is worth, it is with out doubt fantastic;

you do not need to follow the exact method of the changes, you can adapt your own method and handling into this, and make it your own ! No need for lots of behind the bill working, most of what you do, can be done in plain sight; you may even show both sides of the bill, if you so wish.

Still that is just my take on the subject, many of the other members will have their own oppinions.

Ramasis.
count on nothing , beleive in nothing, until you see it with your own eyes; just because the sun has risen every day in the past - does not mean it will rise tomorrow !Beleive it when you see it, hope for it when you do not.
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1072 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
Personally I just don't see the appeal of hypno or visi bill. They both look like you are doing exactly what you are doing in the change.
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
13023 Posts

Profile of John C
The original Koslowski method is good enough for me. What's the point of switching from one bill to another ... three or more times?

Eventually you outprove yourself.

John
Mr.Crebar
View Profile
Loyal user
231 Posts

Profile of Mr.Crebar
Thank you for the link
JustInFamis
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of JustInFamis
I have to say, having only recently finding hypno-bill, I cannot seem to get enough of the response it brings out in my "audience" While there are many methods for doing a bill change, there's a degree of comfort provided by it's simplicity. I by no means am an expert magician, I'm merely a hobbyist at best, so I might not have the most practical application, but I love how "clean" the appearance, and vanish are for the transformations in this tricks handling.