The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Gaffed & Funky :: Totaly Metal Deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
tonycrew
View Profile
New user
UK
81 Posts

Profile of tonycrew
I have just purchased this and wondered if any other people had this..? and what they thought of it...? And is there any other tricks you can do with it or any other handling methods than the one described.

Basic Effect for those that do not know what it is.

A spectator cuts about a 1/3 off the top of the deck looks through them and thinks of anyone of the cards, then shuffles the 1/3 he has and then places it back on top of the deck. He then puts the number of cards that match his thought of card to the bottom of the deck. (I.E. 6 of spades put 6 cards to the bottom). You then take the deck back and spread through them until you come to a red card, this is either their thought of card or is an indicator as to where their thought of card is.

regards

Antony
How can i perform magic i have 10 thumbs..?
My wife says i'm addicted to cards and love them more than her... I say no i'm not my Queen of Diamonds you know you'll always be 1st in my Ace of Hearts...
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1806 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Anthony,
Sounds like one of the many mathematical effects out there. I personally have been trying to shy away from the "count down to this number" tricks..Just does not seem magical..Some are really good though. don't get me wrong I am not knocking the trick, just seems like too much counting...I do like effects using sublety as opposed to sleights though..
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
ChristopherM
View Profile
Special user
UK
844 Posts

Profile of ChristopherM
With the proper presentation and building-up of the apparent impossibility of what you're doing, though, these kinds of effects can deliver a very good audience response. All the best with it, and let us know how you get on!

Cheers

Chris
tonycrew
View Profile
New user
UK
81 Posts

Profile of tonycrew
Thanks... I just noticed I put Metal when it was supposed to be Mental... hehehe
How can i perform magic i have 10 thumbs..?
My wife says i'm addicted to cards and love them more than her... I say no i'm not my Queen of Diamonds you know you'll always be 1st in my Ace of Hearts...