The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Gaffed & Funky :: SAJ Deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Taurus
View Profile
New user
Canada
72 Posts

Profile of Taurus
Anyone have this deck...

I'm pretty broke right now, so I'm going to save up for it.

Looks great!
Subscribe to the Magic Week in Review Podcast

www.itricks.com
molsen
View Profile
Special user
Copenhagen
552 Posts

Profile of molsen
Taurus, do you mean the CAJ deck? There are a few interesting threads on this gaff deck. If you do a search you will find more information. cajmagic might (obviously) have more to say about it if you have specific questions, but I have seen many people complimenting the gaffs here.

Michael
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1262 Posts

Profile of Salby
If you mean the CAJ (Clowns and Jokers) deck.... Then I have it.

It's not a bad set of cards. Just know that 20 cards of the deck are 10, J, Q, K and Ace in the opposite colors (ie.: a RED Jack of Spades). You also get a NORMAL King of Diamonds and two NORMAL 3 of Hearts (1 red back and 1 blue back). An advertisement Joker with "CAJ" written on it is also included. For me, these 25 cards (just about half the deck) is worthless to me.

With that said, the other half of the deck is some of the weirdest stuff I have ever seen and is definitely worth investing some money into getting. Some of these cards include the "Zero of C, H, S and D", "Half of C, H, S and D", "King of Clubs/Spades" (you get 3 of these), a multi-colored Joker (front and back) and a "Broken King of Diamonds" to name just a few.

Overall, although there is some great gaffed cards in this deck that have never been developed before, I'd wish I didn't spend $20 on a deck that half of the cards is useless to me. I rather spend $5 on the 4 "Zero" cards.

I also own Penguin's Special Assortment Deck ($9 and a MUST) which includes the usual gaff cards (Blanked, Double-backed, Double-faced, etc.) and the Ellusionist Bicycle Red Gaffed Deck ($30 and much more variety of weird cards than the CAJ deck). But it really depends on what kind of gaff cards you want and what you can afford. Maybe someone who owns any gaffed decks may want to break it apart and willing to sell the gaffed cards that they will never use. Again, if someone was willing to sell the 4 "Zero" cards for $5... I rather have bought that than to spend $20 for the whole deck and allocate the difference of $15 for something else.
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
cajmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Long Beach, California
235 Posts

Profile of cajmagic
Quote:
On 2006-09-02 17:50, Salby wrote:
For me, these 25 cards (just about half the deck) is worthless to me.

Again, if someone was willing to sell the 4 "Zero" cards for $5... I rather have bought that than to spend $20 for the whole deck and allocate the difference of $15 for something else.

I have seen many people say that the reverse print cards are great (the best part of the deck) - I sold these separately as a reverse flush deck - and they sold "briskly". Different magicians - different opinions.

as for the zeros - they sell for about $5 on EBay - Do a search for

INFINITE ZEROS

or mail me $2.50 and I'll sell just these (Half Price to Café People).
address:

Caj Magic 3763 E Colorado Bvd #100, Pasadena, CA 91107
Caj Brejtfus
CajMagic and the CAJ Deck of Magic Gaff Cards
:BIKES:
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1262 Posts

Profile of Salby
Hey CAJMagic,

I just wanted to personally say to you that there is no hard feelings with your deck of gaffed cards. I like the deck and with any gaffed deck, one will most definitely find cards that will not suit his routine-type.

Again, I think there is a wide selection of cards in this gaffed deck of cards (CAJ)... But I can just speak for myself-- I felt the noted 25 cards that I mentioned above were not worth the price for me.... Who knows-- maybe I will brainstorm ideas later on in life, which is why I won't get rid of them. Or perhaps, someone on this forum or another book will jot down some of their ideas for these un-used cards of mine.

Perhaps, you can display ALL of the gaffed cards (front & back) in this deck to see what the layout is and help one to consider their prospective purchase of the CAJ Deck.

The Bicycle Red Gaff (BRG) deck by Ellusionist has 1 such webpage (from another distributing dealer). Take a look:

http://www.wizardhq.com/magicstore/redgaffdeck.html

Just an idea.
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
I have the CAJ deck. Remember that if you find only two usable packet effects in the deck, it has paid for itself. I don't use all the cards, but I am more than satisfied that I spent my money well.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats