The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: OLEP (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
almazer
View Profile
New user
Athens,Greece
66 Posts

Profile of almazer
Hi,
I wonder if somebody has an idea of using one parakeet instead of using two, and
how can I put him back to the cage from the initial vanish?
Is it possible without an assistant?
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
Anything is possible Smile. It is much easier to use two, but if you want to use one, think of a method similar to any vanish and reappearance of an onstage item, like Wiz Kote, or nest of boxes etc...

Parakeets are great little birds and can be trained to do just about anything in a very short period of time. If you develop a prop to use for this particular routine, train the parakeet to cooperate.

We recently bought a lineolated parakeet to add to our animal routines. We were inspired by the Womach brothers dvds. Within 2 weeks, we had trained our parakeet (who is only 2 months old!) to ride out on stage sitting on a perch on a remote controlled car. She then goes through a three ring circus routine, climbing a rope to swing on the flying trapeze. Next she climbs a ladder to walk the tightrope, jumping through a hoop half way across. Finally, she is vanished only to reappear sitting on my shoulder.

All that was taught to her in under 2 weeks using the Womach methods. She loves to be with us and to learn things. So, training one parakeet to work with you on the OLEP, shouldn't be impossible.

Good luck and all the best,

All the best,

Rob
magicmanfrank
View Profile
Inner circle
1127 Posts

Profile of magicmanfrank
WOW!

That is one amazing little bird!

=Frank=
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!!!

Frank Thurston

www.FrankThurstonMagic.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Magic-of-Frank-Thurston/116625117910?ref=nf
DaveWomach
View Profile
Elite user
Dave Womach
453 Posts

Profile of DaveWomach
Quote:
On 2006-09-01 18:49, RJE wrote:
We recently bought a lineolated parakeet to add to our animal routines. We were inspired by the Womach brothers dvds. Within 2 weeks, we had trained our parakeet (who is only 2 months old!) to ride out on stage sitting on a perch on a remote controlled car. She then goes through a three ring circus routine, climbing a rope to swing on the flying trapeze. Next she climbs a ladder to walk the tightrope, jumping through a hoop half way across. Finally, she is vanished only to reappear sitting on my shoulder.

All that was taught to her in under 2 weeks using the Womach methods. She loves to be with us and to learn things. So, training one parakeet to work with you on the OLEP, shouldn't be impossible.

That was a great unsolicited review... thanks!

I've been in a situation where I had to vanish the parakeet, and my assistant takes the devil's hank off stage and re-loads the bird for the final appearance. It's possible. :o)

Dave
almazer
View Profile
New user
Athens,Greece
66 Posts

Profile of almazer
Great advices! How it is possible to train the parakeet to do such things?
It looks strange for me, but really Womach methods works?
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
Pat (my wife) and I were amazed at how quickly the little thing took to learning.

We purchased her from a breeder that had hand-fed and hand-tamed her. She was just over 6 weeks old when we got her and the lessons started that same day.

The parakeet (she is a lineolated parakeet, but the same family as a budgie) loves the training sessions. We followed the ideas and lessons from the Womach dvds (#5 & #6) and it was like 'magic.' The bird caught on and responded exactly the way we saw on the dvd. It was very exciting. Now, every time she comes out of her cage (at least twice a day) we train (to her, play) and she gets special 'treats.'

We had to keep coming up with new things for her to do, and that's where the 3 ring circus idea came from and we have no idea yet what the limits of her learning are.

All the best,

Rob
almazer
View Profile
New user
Athens,Greece
66 Posts

Profile of almazer
Thanks for your help Rob. I`m thinking to buy a couple of budgies and start training them. I would like to use the for the OLEP. I think I could manage that.
I was thinking that parakeets was hard to train but I think I will have to buy
Womach`s dvds.
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
You won't be disappointed with dvd's. Look for a breeder and get a hand-fed, hand-tamed baby. Look for the qualities that Dave talks about on the DVD. Just out of interest, he recommends a male, but ours is a little female and she's fantastic. She got another great response in last night's show.

All the best,

Rob
almazer
View Profile
New user
Athens,Greece
66 Posts

Profile of almazer
Are there any other tricks that you can perform with these little buddies?
I mean using them instead of doves will it be a good idea?
Tod Todson
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1296 Posts

Profile of Tod Todson
Still watching this thread. And suggestions for tricks out there with budgies?

Tod
Mystifier, Youth Speaker
<BR><BR>
mdspark
View Profile
Special user
784 Posts

Profile of mdspark
Just came across this thread on a search. I just aquired a budgie, and having had them as pets many years ago, I can tell you they are very intellegent little birds as most parrots are. I plan on getting Dave Womacks parakeet gizmo gimmick and producing him from my egg bag at the end of my egg bag routine.

Mark