The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Trick coin trickery :: Here's "Hoo" with Coins - Magical Spoonerisms (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5209 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Here's "Hoo" with Coins.
From the ad: John Braun: "This will allow anyone to fool the experts."

Looking for a review:
http://spoonermagic.com/products/heres_hoo.html
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27309 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2006-08-24 09:12, Kjellstrom wrote:
Here's "Hoo" with Coins.
From the ad: John Braun: "This will allow anyone to fool the experts."

Looking for a review:
http://spoonermagic.com/products/heres_hoo.html

Wonderful to hear he is still with us. Smile

Learning coin hoo is a good thing.

;)
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Here's "Hoo" is the only separate publication that I know of dealing exclusively with the advanced handling of this gaff. The material is all there, although not in extensive detail. If you just trust Mr. Spooner, and try the stuff out, I think you'll get the point. (no pun intended) When done properly, the effects in this booklet are like Slydini's coin magic, but done standing up.

And if you're into fooling magicicans, there is a vanish in there that has fooled quite a few. Again, you're just going to have to trust him.

Yes, it's good to hear he's still with us.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Ronnie Ramin
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of Ronnie Ramin
I had this book in High School and it has some very interesting ideas in it. Some of the ideas can be a touch painful. I never saw it's potential until I met Bruce Chadwick (a Ft. Worth Magician and Illusion builder) He does a great One Coin routine utilizing the techniques from this book that looks like what magic should look like. Anyone interested and going to TAOM, should look him up and see for yourself.

Ronnie
Rik Chew
View Profile
Special user
538 Posts

Profile of Rik Chew
Depending on coin size and attire, behind your belt can be a good place to deposit coins for later retrieval.
To ditch, have coin in TP, just put hand on hip and push the coin behind.
To retrieve, put the thumb in behind the belt and further round than where the coin is and move the thumb up to place the coin into the fingers.

Rik