The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The International Brotherhood of Magicians! :: Is there an IBM ring in Kissimmee, FL? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
shots
View Profile
Loyal user
Kissimmee, FL
256 Posts

Profile of shots
I moved to Kissimmee, Florida in 1979 when I was 12 years old. My father and I were into magic, and had been members of the IBM ring in Nashville, TN (I attended meetings, but couldn't be a member yet). When we arrived in Kissimmee, I was astonished to find that not only was there no IBM ring in Kissimmee, there wasn't one in Orlando either at that time (that we could find anyway).

I did some recent searching and found IBM ring 170a in Orlando, which is great to see, but that there isn't a ring in Kissimmee just blows my mind. I recently have gotten back into magic, and would like to join the IBM, but I don't know anyone in the area who is a member. I'd love to meet some folks and get more involved.
Thanks,
Scott
Magic in the Shadows
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Hi Scott,

Welcome to the Café. You'll find a lot of great people here willing to help you.

Check with the people in the Orlando ring. Here is their web site address:

http://www.ring170.homestead.com/ring170a.html

They would probably know of some people that you could get in touch with living in the Kissimmee area. Then you could start a ring of your own in your area. Could be there are others around you who would like to do the same thing, you just have to find them.

You might also find out where the closest magic shop is to you and talk with them. They could be a great resource in helping you find magicians in your area to meet with and learn from.

Good luck. Mark.
shots
View Profile
Loyal user
Kissimmee, FL
256 Posts

Profile of shots
Thanks for the tips Mark, I'll do just that! As you said, perhaps there are enough magicians here in Kissimmee to get our own Ring going!
Magic in the Shadows
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Sounds good. Don't forget to think about those that might live on the other side of you, away from, not towards, the Orlando area. I'm sure there are plenty of people near you.

Another suggestion would be to find out who the TVP is for Florida. You can check with Joan Caesar, who is the TVP Counselor for the IBM National, at her email address: jcaesar@sentex.ca to find out who that is.

This person (FL-TVP) would (should) be able to get you a list of other IBM members in your area from the National office in St. Louis. There are a lot of people who belong to the IBM nationally, but not locally, that you can contact.

Hope this helps. Best of luck. Mark.
Steve Hart
View Profile
Veteran user
Cocoa, FL
388 Posts

Profile of Steve Hart
Hey Scott,

Welcome back to the I.B.M. You will find the Ring in Orlando is well worth the drive to downtown Orlando.

I live in Cape Canaveral, it is an hour drive for me and I attend as many meetings as I can. I have never had so much fun at a Ring meeting.

We have a Ring here in Melbourne less than an hour from me and I do attend their meetings but it is a different type of atmosphere.

Orlando has several professional magician and some very creative members.

I look forward to meeting you there.

Steve Hart
I.B.M. Membership Committee Chair
Past Executive Committee Member
www.SteveHartSpeaks.com
www.magic2motivate.com
"Motivational Magicians are some of the highest paid magicians, find out why?"
Bill Wells
View Profile
Elite user
Lexington, VA
457 Posts

Profile of Bill Wells
Check out this link for locations of Rings and contact information for each of them - There are 17 Rings in Florida.

http://www.magician.org/Ring_Locations.htm

Hope this helps ... Bill
shots
View Profile
Loyal user
Kissimmee, FL
256 Posts

Profile of shots
Thanks folks!!! I'll make the trip to Orlando and look forward to meeting you all! It's been over 20 years since I've been to a ring meeting, and that was in attendance with my Dad when I was 11. Thanks for the info and support!
Magic in the Shadows
Bendy
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
518 Posts

Profile of Bendy
I'm also in Kissimmee and would like to have an IBM ring closer to home. Though I have a Kissimmee address, I am technically in Poinciana and I can toss a spongeball and hit Polk County. Not only is the Orlando location quite a drive for me, but my current work schedule just doesn't allow me to make it up to Orlando for the meetings. I'd love to have a meeting closer to home...like on the way home from work...so that I might be able to attend on occasion!

I'm a member of the FCM and I'd love to join the IBM. I meet the criteria and have filled out an application and everything. The problem is that I just don't know any members close by that can put their endorsement on my application. Anyone know who might help me with that?
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Hi Bendy,

I'll be glad to sponsor you. I can also get a friend of mine to be the second. Send me a PM if you would like and we'll work it out.

Mark.