The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Ever so sleightly :: Johnson Products Chop Cup? Fact or Fiction (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I heard a rumor that JP has a chop cup to match their cups and balls cups?

If so, do they have a website, how much is it, etc.?

I cannot find them on the web.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Johnson makes all kinds of coins and things most folks never get to see. You need to find a dealer with a current price list.

The average web site carries 10-25 johnson products, and I think there are between 75 and 100 or more available.

E-mail Howard at the magicwarehouse. He will
get it for you cheapest if it's available from Johnson.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
Ian Richards
View Profile
Loyal user
226 Posts

Profile of Ian Richards
Mike Caveney's website:
http://www.mcmagicwords.com
has had the announcement of a Johnson Products chop cup that matches the cup sets for a long time. A matching brass wand is also in the works. There are two Johnson Products chop cups listed for auction on Ebay with an opening bid amount of $74.95.
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Magicwarehouse, now in stock.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Both are listed at Hocus Pocus. The Chop cup is $80 and the wand $40 as I recall, but I could be off by a bit. The wand looks really cool--brass with ridges to match the cups, comes apart at the center for packing, and the wand is actually "chopped" as well! I'll be getting both of these!
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Carlos Hampton
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of Carlos Hampton
Excuse my ignorance here Scott,

but what is the purpose of having the wand chopped. I mean I know there is an effect with a coin shell that can be used in cojunction with this, but I don't see how to use this with the chop cup.

Please bring in the light.

Thanks,

Carlos
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Well, that would be difficult without revealing the method, but suffice to say it would facilitate loads and steals.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Carlos Hampton
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of Carlos Hampton
Loud and Clear. Smile
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1525 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
You know...I'm not really a big chop cup fan but it would be fun to think about what you could do with a chopped ball and the Johnson wand with a regular set of cups in a cups and balls routine.