The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: Dove Steal (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
boppies2
View Profile
Elite user
Arizona
422 Posts

Profile of boppies2
What is your favourite Dove Steal when not wearing a jacket? Just long sleeve shirt?
Max
trixy
View Profile
Veteran user
sweden
320 Posts

Profile of trixy
I don't steal doves, I own them.
dbmagic123
View Profile
Regular user
Evansville Indiana
198 Posts

Profile of dbmagic123
Not your normal dove steal, but a silk fountain with a dove appearance at the end, is really cool..

Don
boppies2
View Profile
Elite user
Arizona
422 Posts

Profile of boppies2
Thanx Don,
I have never used the silk fountain - food for thought. Thank you Trixy for my Monday morning smile.
Max
dbmagic123
View Profile
Regular user
Evansville Indiana
198 Posts

Profile of dbmagic123
Max,,

The one I have, I got from Brenda and Marty Hahn at Dazzling Magic..www.dazzlingmagic.com.. Everything they make is handmade. They are wonderful people and they will treat you right. I think I paid $150.00 for my fountain. Nice effect and not hard to do.

Don
boppies2
View Profile
Elite user
Arizona
422 Posts

Profile of boppies2
Don,
I know Marty and Brenda and have a number of their products. I'll definetly look into their fountain.
Thanx
Max
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1850 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
How do you lead into the Fountain of Silks to Dove? Do you just pick it up off of a table, or is there some other routine leading into it?

This sounds like a fantastic means of producing a dove, but I'm stumped as to a graceful way of getting to the start of the silk fountain.

Chris
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4864 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Christopher, picking it up from or behind a table is one way. Another is to make it a body load. It can be located at the hip or depending on the number of silks you are using, in the normal dove production area. Using diamond cut silks reduces the size of the load. I use General Grants fountain so the diamond silks work well. You could also use a square circle or other production device to get it.
Where the magic begins
dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
I own the Dazzling Magic's version, Fountain of Silks to Blendo to Dove...awesome! I paid US$325, many years back when they still under the co. Elmo....(sp)....All their products are great & Marty is a great guy!
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
There are lots of ways to go to Silk Fountain to Dove. We like to use a top hat and 20th Century Silks. It allows us to do it totally surrounded and almost under any circumstances.

All the best,

Rob
David Boyd
View Profile
Regular user
NYC
197 Posts

Profile of David Boyd
One that I have seen in action used by George Saterial is Jim Rainho's fountain of silks to Dove.

Heres the link:

http://www.rainho.com/STAGE%20TRICKS.html

Hope that helps

Peace
David
Peace
David Boyd

www.myspace.com/harlemmagic
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
You can also find one here http://www.chameleonfabrications.com

All the best,

Rob
mattmccoy
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of mattmccoy
I use to do a steal from a gimmicked table.
Matt
James Adamson
View Profile
Special user
Deatsville - Holtville - Slapout, AL
945 Posts

Profile of James Adamson
Most everybody has overlooked two easy ways to get the fountain.

1> Do a snap silk routine and hang the individual silks on your dump box. Vanish the last silk but before you shown your empty hand pick up the other silks that are hanging on the dump box and at the same time pick up the fountain. Wave the silks towards the hand that supposedly holds the last silk. Show the empty hand and then pause for a second then on the offbeat open the silk fountain.

2> Use a Hank Ball and show a silk empty and with a pinching action poke the hank ball on your thumb on the other hand into the middle of the silk and then start pulling out the silks one at a time that are in the hank ball. Hank silks on dump box and follow the above routine ending in method 1. The hank ball makes it easy to vanish the last silk.

The only silk fountain I have seen myself has the dove preloaded into the middle of the fountain. I do not like that idea. Several performers us a in****** harness with a dove and use that production method for the dove, but this does not meet your question requirements.

Both of the above methods will also work without a fountain, just pick up the dove bag.

James Adamson
Be remembered for performing what looks like MAGIC, not skill.
flourish dude
View Profile
Inner circle
from ? But I know where I am going!
1195 Posts

Profile of flourish dude
If you are wearing pants with a large back pocket you can steal them from the back pocket. Still use a dove bag with the line sticking out. I would not wear jeans! I wear dress pants with a loose pocket. You also might have to remove the buttom so it does not hang up.
Nothing of the same will bring any change, take action today!
Just taking a step, is a step in the right direction because when you stop working, your dream dies.
www.magicalmemories.us
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
Hi James,

I agree, loading a dove into the center of a silk fountain is not good for the dove.

Our dove is loaded after the silk fountain is folded and the dove is never in the center. However, the illusion is that the dove emerges from the center of the opened fountain. The prop is designed so that you could use the methods you described exactly and never compromise the dove's safety. You can check out a demo video at http://www.chameleonfabrications.com SFDove video.

All the best,

Rob