The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Trick coin trickery :: Jumbo 1967 English Penny (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Simon Tan
View Profile
New user
Malaysia
55 Posts

Profile of Simon Tan
I've been looking everywhere for the jumbo 1967 English penny (the one with Elizabeth II) for one of my routines, but to no avail. Surprisingly, I managed to find all sorts of jumbo coins on most American coins, but none on the 1967 English penny.

Anyone knows where I can get a jumbo coin for the 1967 English penny?

Thanks.
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Hi Simon,

I just did a Google search for "jumbo english penny" and got multiple hits. You might do the same, then email the vender's (email address can be found on their web sites) and ask them to check the dates for you. I'm sure they would be glad to check for you.

Good luck. Mark.
Simon Tan
View Profile
New user
Malaysia
55 Posts

Profile of Simon Tan
Hi Mark,

I've done just that prior to posting this thread. Though there are multiple hits on "jumbo english penny", they are only hits on either one or two words of the phrase, and not an exact hit. I had looked through all the sites listed on the first 2 search pages... none that carries jumbo English penny, plentiful on American coins though. Smile

Thanks for taking the time to google for me though! Smile
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Sorry to hear that did not turn up anything for you. Hopefully, someone else on here might be able to better help.

Take care. Smile
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1062 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
Me Too!

I have been looking for a jumbo 3" English Penny for a long time, and I've done exhaustive search engine research but to no avail.

Wondering why you want such a coin? the reason I want one is so I can end hopping halves routine with a jumbo copper and silver, instead of an empty hand. Currently I use a jumbo US penny, but I would really like to end up with an english penny so the coins match perfectly.

I suppose Jamie Schoolcraft could make one, but I hate to think what that would cost.
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
Simon Tan
View Profile
New user
Malaysia
55 Posts

Profile of Simon Tan
Haha, I've been using the US penny as well. The reason for the English penny is for my jumbo C/S coins act, where a normal silver half changes to an English penny and back, and later changes into a jumbo half, which in turns change into a jumbo penny after some jumbo manipulative byplay. The routine ends with the vanish of the English penny.

There's an old routine of Gary Kurtz that I once played around with. It makes use of both jumbo half and English penny as well, I think it's called Copper Silver Continuation, and can be found in his "Let's Get Flurious" video.