The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Trick coin trickery :: Trying to find... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Aubrey_T
View Profile
Regular user
Paso Robles
175 Posts

Profile of Aubrey_T
I'm looking for a penny (American not English) expanded s***l? Do any of the main stream companies make it? I'm aware that I could get Jaime or Todd to make one for me but I'd rather have something that I'm not going to worry about so much I realized and so I'm looking to know if any people like Johnson or Sasco or any company makes them. Drop me a line to let me know. Unless Jaime or Todd are super cheap I wouldn't be able to do it.
Aubrey_T
View Profile
Regular user
Paso Robles
175 Posts

Profile of Aubrey_T
Amazing...I guess it's a lot harder than I thought to find one of these.
rikbrooks
View Profile
Inner circle
Olive Branch, Mississippi
1317 Posts

Profile of rikbrooks
Penny to Dime will do it for you. On top of that, the penny will be reactive to a magnet. It's about $10
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27309 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
An US Penny e]? Darn I thought I was working small with quarters.

What next, a Dean's set done in dimes?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2739 Posts

Profile of sethb
I was also going to suggest a Penny to Dime set, but I think Aubrey is looking for an expanded ] that works with another penny, not a slightly smaller coin.

Aubrey, is this correct? SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
Aaron Moring
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
165 Posts

Profile of Aaron Moring
Could you hand-expand a penny shell by rubbing it with the end of a spoon or something? I don't have any here to try with, but since the difference is so little, maybe it will work. Maybe?
Aubrey_T
View Profile
Regular user
Paso Robles
175 Posts

Profile of Aubrey_T
That is correct Seth an expanded penny ] is what I'm looking for. Think about a small kid like 6 or 7 working with coins and wanting to get started with doing ] work with normal (read everyday) currency.

Aaron could you expound on hand expanding the ] from a penny dime set?
Aaron Moring
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
165 Posts

Profile of Aaron Moring
I was just thinking of how Steve Dusheck said he made his Copper/Silver transposition gaff: by pushing a coin into it until the sides gave enough to work. I was thinking that with the small end of a spoon, or maybe a chopstick, you could put some pressure from the inside of the shell to bend the sides out ever so much. Not really sure if it would work, and I don't have any supplies here to try it with. Mr. Dusheck is the king of home-gaffed coins, though. If you could PM him, maybe he could offer some advice.
Aaron
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
Get him started with Quarters. Starting with Pennies isn't going to help him in the long run, since his hands are going to grow a lot.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
Aubrey_T
View Profile
Regular user
Paso Robles
175 Posts

Profile of Aubrey_T
Pennies is what is has to be Jeff.