The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Paper money madness! :: Bill to impossible location (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
FredrikS
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of FredrikS
Hey everybody!

What do you prefer to do; Do the good old bill switch or a bill vanish or maybe something els before you revealed the bill from the impossible location?

The reason I ask is becase I looking for other ways too approach this effect, maybe that involves a bill vanish. Any propasal or routines will appreciate! ( Strolling table hoppings routines)

A big thank you!

Fredrik
"Fly me to the moon"
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
One of the classic bill to impossible location has always been Signed Bill In Lemon/Lime. I like to first do a bill transposition and vanish one of the signed bill and to have it appears in a lime. You can also use the flash frame effect; otherwise, Sankey has many bill to impossible location effects for table strollings.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
FredrikS
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of FredrikS
Thanks Evolve!

Yeah the classic way is great! Me personally, I haven´t find the right version (or right presentation) for me yet. I will look into Sankey. I love the effect.

/Fredrik
"Fly me to the moon"
lylaster
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
197 Posts

Profile of lylaster
I jsut learned Osterlind's bill to cigarette from Mind Mysteries 3, killer. I can't wait to perform it!
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4546 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I love Osterlinds Bill to Cigarette as well, I am planning on doing this version at my high school in the "smoke pit" when school starts.
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1179 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
Check out Sander's bill to impossible location. It appears in a stick of unopened trident bubble gum!!
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2006-08-08 21:25, VcosNJ wrote:
Check out Sander's bill to impossible location. It appears in a stick of unopened trident bubble gum!!

This one is a reputation maker!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
FredrikS
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of FredrikS
Sound cool! I will look into "The Richard Sanders show" dvs for that one.

Thanks!

Fredrik
"Fly me to the moon"
Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I now have
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
The way I do it is to simply "set the signed bill aside" while I show them my small money collection (In a modified nest of boxes kind of thing). I tell them we will get back to their signed bill in a few moments. They don't think anything has happened until it is way too late. Then, when their bill shows up in a special folder which they have been holding for me while I show them a few of my treasured coins (all of which are part of my money collection), it comes as a total surprise and it becomes even more difficult to back-track.
phase27
View Profile
Loyal user
Tx
229 Posts

Profile of phase27
I recently started using "Cramped" from the Richard Sanders show. The bill is vanished and ends up in the cap of the sharpie that the spectator was holding the whole time. This effect is amazing and is very easy to add to a routine. I would def. check it out.
"Life is only as good as the memories we make..." -K.Roe
magicjckson
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of magicjckson
Signed Bill to Lemon from Scott Alexander is the one I use, never ceases to leave the audience in complete amazement. But "Cramped" sounds interesting, will have to check it out.

Peter
FredrikS
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of FredrikS
Nicholas, Nice idea "to just set the bill aside for a moment".. it´s taking the heat of the bill as you say.. and it increasing the suprising moment!

Phase27 Hmm sounds good that cramped thing.. and it good for hopping work? reset time?

Thanks!
Fredrik
"Fly me to the moon"
MKmagic
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of MKmagic
I like to vanish the bill using a special handkerchief, and have it appear in a double Lippincot box. I never tried it but I think it would be cool to do a bill
switch into a flash bill, and then light the flash bill to make it disappear in a flash.
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1471 Posts

Profile of Scott Alexander
My first version is the version I taught to Bill Malone. The newer version is the Final Answer.

sa
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

www.scottalexander.bigcartel.com

Website

www.scottalexandermagic.com
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1999 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
I saw Richard Sanders lecture last month and he did cramped as part of that lecture. It's a very good signed bill to impossible location routine. It would be great for table hopping as all you need is a super size sharpie, a medical style clamp (read roach clip) for extracting the bill and a method for the vanish (Richard used a TT). The fact that the spectator is holding the sharpie before the bill disappears makes it great.

The whole routine is well thought out, all the moves are very motivated and it's a very commercial routine (read no hard moves) that packs flat and plays big. I'm in the process of adding it to my working repertoire. Oh, and the routine is reset when the items used in it are put away.

Other than bill to lemon, this routine is about as good as a bill to impossible location gets. It's not the be all end all mind you, as I'm sure others would prefer for other locations for a signed bill to appear. But if you like the concept of a signed bill appearing in a non-gimmicked sharpie that the spectator is in possession of before his bill disappears, then this routine is definitely for you.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Paul h.
View Profile
Special user
MINDoverMETHOD
528 Posts

Profile of Paul h.
Check out the routine in Alexander DeCova's new dvd "Examining the Thumbtip". The best vanish I have seen with a thumb tip, and you can load the bill whereever you can stick a thumbtip!

Great work with a TT...

Paul h.