The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Lecturing Live at the Magic Castle by Fantasio (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Sal Amangka
View Profile
Special user
Manila, Philippines
712 Posts

Profile of Sal Amangka
Hey Guys,

I just got this from the mail. This is the same 3 volume set from his lecture at the castle which was release in vhs format. The good thing about the dvd release is that you can jump from any chapter you want to watch. You should have this in your magic video library. For those who are not familiar with the contents of the video, here it goes...

Vol.1 (duration: 42 mins)

21st Century Cane
Magic Cassette Player
Extra Long Thumb Tip
Vanishing a Large Silk
Impromptu Side Table
Practical Folding Box
Vabishing Wand to Silk
Making a Vanishing Flute
The Vanishing Candle
Flat Folding of a Silk
Lighter to Matches
One Hand Color Changing Lighter
Silk from Flame
Covered Vanishing Candle
Easy Candle to Silk
Candle to Ball
Candle to Silk to Cane
Ribbon and Candle

Vol.2(duration: 50 minutes)

Color Changing Canes
No Tapes for Color Change
Cane to Double Bouquet
Loading the Bouquet
Fixing a Damage Coil
Patriotic Changing Canes
Cane to Flag
Lighter to Card fan
Vanising Candle with Card Fan
Appearing Lit Candle
Appearing a Vanishing Candle
Repairing Spring Tension
Pull-Reel Vanishing Candle
Self-Holding Extended Candle
Holding and Palming the candle
Using Double Sided Tape
Card Sword Cane
Cha-Cha Rope Penetration

Vol.3 (duration 65 minutes)

The Challenger Gimmick
One Hand Vanishing Cane
Cane to Silk to Lit Candle
The Challenger Candle
Vanishing and Appearing Candle
Appearing Candle from Sleeve
Silk from Cigarette Lighter
Thumb Top to Prevent Evaporation
Improved Zig Zag Card
Flaming Thumb Tip
Thimbles with Vick Caps
Sure Lit-Match Production
Bic Hole Penetration
Bill Inside Bic Lighter
Silk Through Tumbler
A Generous Magicians (ropes)
Salamangka in Filipino means "Magic"
http://www.thechubstershow.com
thechubstershow@gmail.com
yosef_dov
View Profile
Loyal user
NYC area
242 Posts

Profile of yosef_dov
I got these last week and watched all three right away! It is EXCELLENT stuff! Fantasio does a superb job in teaching and showing! He makes it all look so easy... like he says in the first vid- after watching, you'll want to pull your canes and candles out of the drawer and try using them again. There's good stuff on all 3 of the disks, and the disks are a good addition even if you own Fantasio's book (I do).

Joe N.

PS- I had trouble getting these DVD's to work on my stand-alone DVD player (a Toshiba), but they work fine on my computer... the disk "Data" side is purplish, indicating consumer-level burnable DVD's (i.e. the kind you buy at CompUSA or BestBuy), so these are probably not mass produced in a DVD burning factory, which means you could have compatibility issues with your brand of DVD player. If you can't get them to play on your player, you can try a different DVD player, or try on a computer; the only solutions may be to buy a different player, or copy the disks to a different brand of media (check with Fantasio first, he may be aware of issues and solutions).
HiraseMagic
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong
573 Posts

Profile of HiraseMagic
I have just one vanishing cane and one appearing cane, what else do I need to perform the effect on these DVDs?

many thanks!

Also, which volume do you think is the best out of 3?
In love with magic!
gw156
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of gw156
These are awesome DVDs.

It is great to have access to these lectures by the Master - well worth the investment.

No way to indicate which is the best DVD of the 3 since they all contain useful information.
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
The DVD set contains valuable information, the only flaw is the DVD set is produce by low quality DVD manufacturer that it cannot be play in DVD player, even my computer! I have to return it to wholesaler for a refund...

Besides the content inside... now the business of magic retail also comes to the quality of the product in terms of physical condition too...
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
gw156
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of gw156
I understand there were a bad batch of DVDs out there, but now this issue has been fixed!

I have a set of the DVDs that seem to play fine.

(recommendation...buy the DVDs from Fantasio's site... http://www.fantasio.com!!!)