The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: All in the cards :: Trick to teach via e-mail (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Mallusionist
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Mallusionist
I occasionally get an e-mail to my site from a young person who wants to learn a card trick. I usually tell them how to do a cross-cut force and an interesting reveal, but I'd like suggestions for something more interesting that a) requires no skill, b) is appropriate for a youngster, and c) is so well known that nobody will hate me for exposing it.
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Just recommend a book on self-working card tricks.
"21 Card Trick",key card and one ahead tricks perhaps?

Funny web site by the way. Smile
djrdjr
View Profile
Loyal user
Austin, TX
226 Posts

Profile of djrdjr
Ah, the Web site guy. Brilliant!

--Dale
cancilla
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of cancilla
Recommending a book is a good idea. Maybe one of Scarne's -- I still love those after more years than I care to remember.

(Thanks for the nice comments about the site, by the way.)
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
You might also point them to their local bookstore. One can usually find books by Bob Longe, and sometimes Karl Fulves, on simple, easy, card effects. They are usually priced at $6 or $7 (US) each, so they are definitely affordable. This way, they can try multiple effects, figure out what works for them (given their basic skill level) and help them to grow and learn magic.
Hushai
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
460 Posts

Profile of Hushai
Quote:
On 2006-07-25 13:19, Jaz wrote:
Funny web site by the way. Smile

Yes, "Mallusionist" IS a funny site. I just looked at it for the first time on Jaz's recommendation. Smile
magicleo
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of magicleo
A trick by Shawn Farquhar called "A Little Bit of Magic" is good, but I don't know if he has exclusive rights over it or not...I know I learned it, and it's basically self-working...
He has an account on here, so just pm him to see if you can tell the youngsters about the trick. It's really good, but ask him anyway, just to be on the safe side.