The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The International Brotherhood of Magicians! :: IBM Convention 2007 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
Hi Guys Smile

Any idea when & where the IBM convention will be held in 2007...can't find it on http://www.magician.org

BTW, can a little fire magic still be used at IBM Stage Contest in 2007...cos I understand from Paul(SAM Contest Chairman) that Fire will NOT be allowed in SAM 2007 Smile

Thnaks for any info Smile
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Reno! They got a deal when they booked the same venue for two years.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
Thanks Dave Smile

Will start planning the trip....but any idea if a little fire magic is allow in the conest under the new rules?

Thanks
JY
MrBob102
View Profile
Regular user
Northern Virginia
125 Posts

Profile of MrBob102
The IBM Convention for 2007 will be in Reno, June 26-30, at the Grand Sierra (formerly Hilton). You might contact Jerry Schnepp: jcschnepp@aol.com about your fire question. He was the contest cordinator for 2006 in Miami.
dbmagic123
View Profile
Regular user
Evansville Indiana
198 Posts

Profile of dbmagic123
I heard Reno was a great place for the convention,, just an FYI,, the 2008 convention will be a joint convention of the IBM & SAM,, to be held in Louisville Ky.. They are already accepting regs.

Don
wildwolf
View Profile
New user
stoney creek, ontario
54 Posts

Profile of wildwolf
I will be attending the 2007 convention, it will be my first, so any advise for me
dbmagic123
View Profile
Regular user
Evansville Indiana
198 Posts

Profile of dbmagic123
Wildwolf,

The IBM conventions are noramlly great, full days and long nights of fellowship,, I enjoy the competions the most,, its a long event but always fun to see the very good, the good, and sometimes the ugly,, You will have a blast,, and noramly a very large and soild dealer room, which always gets me excited.

Don
Tom James
View Profile
Regular user
Cincinnati, Ohio
139 Posts

Profile of Tom James
Dove boy if you have any questions about the IBM contest feel free to pm me. I was a judge and competed in the competitions. Fire is aloud, but with aproval. When you fill out your contest form it will ask you if you plan to use pyro or not. If need any more info let me know I can give you what ever you need. Can not wait to see you there we well have to hang out.

Tom
Zazz
View Profile
Veteran user
California
315 Posts

Profile of Zazz
Here is a link to the 2007 IBM Convention:
http://magician.org/convention2007.htm

My family and I are planning on attending and hopefully I can find some good room rates.

Dan
magic4ewe
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of magic4ewe
Would love some info on a few questions. Our local SYM leader, and a friend, said that our SYM group and their parents will be offered a discount rate for registration. We would very much like to find out if anyone knows what that rate might be? Our friend does not know at this time but is still trying to find out for us. Also, how are the parents charged for admission to the events?

Also, on the IBM site it says something about a voucher. Does anyone know what this is all about? It saves you $50.00, but I'm sure that is for members only.

We all currently belong to the S.A.M., but we are debating whether to join the IBM as well.

We would really like to go to this convention since it is so close to home and I doubt we will be able to make the joint convention scheduled for 2008.

Thanks for any information!

~ Magic4ewe
Steve Hart
View Profile
Veteran user
Cocoa, FL
388 Posts

Profile of Steve Hart
Magic4ewe,

If you join the I.B.M. before Jan. 1 2007 you get a voucher that is worth $50.00.

This voucher can be used to help pay your registration fee for one I.B.M. convention for the next four years, you choose. (The I.B.M. & S.A.M. combined convention is excluded.)

If you plan on attending this year's convention then I would pay for your convention registration now and request they use your voucher when you join.
But this must be done before Jan. 1, 2007.

See you in Reno.

Steve Hart

I.B.M. Membership Chairman
www.SteveHartSpeaks.com
www.magic2motivate.com
"Motivational Magicians are some of the highest paid magicians, find out why?"
magic4ewe
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of magic4ewe
Thank you so very much for your informative response! My husband and I will be sure to check it out. Our daughter is also very excited at the prospect of going.
Mona Morrison
View Profile
New user
chicago area
26 Posts

Profile of Mona Morrison
If any one would like to advertising in the I.B.M. Convention program, just contact me.